Author Topic: more pics of lodi event  (Read 4806 times)

lew wetzel

more pics of lodi event
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:37:07 AM »
here are a few more pics of the event.i really enjoyed meeting ken netting.super guy to talk to.

ian had a good time showing us just how hot and dirty forging buttplates and triggerquards can be..he is quite a talented guy......

long carabine

Re: more pics of lodi event
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »
 I haven't been to TLC in about 15 years. Its a fascinating place and is the bear trap still hanging? I bought a ML from them 2 years ago sight unseen and I was very happy. If you get the chance to go I would recommend it. It's full of history and there very knowledgeable. Tim PS Its good to put a face with a name to.

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »
Lew,
Thanks for sharing the pics.  Looks like a good and educational time.
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

lew wetzel

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:45:13 PM »
ken
  it sure was!!watching ian forge a butt plate out of a single piece of metal was very cool.he really makes it look easy..watched him also make some gun hooks for a fella.i should have taken more pics .....

caliber45

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 04:34:58 AM »
Hey, Lew -- For those of us who recognize names (Ian's, etc..), but haven't yet had the privilege of meeting those folks, how about a bit more identification if you're going to post images? Who's who? Who's the gent with the spring illustration? Who's the guy working with wood? I assume Ian is the gent with the white hair and cap at far center?  Thanks! - paulallen

lew wetzel

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 05:08:41 AM »
ian pratt is the fella with the blue t-shirt and ballcap on  with dark hair and short beard.
jim kibler is the young looking fella working on the stock.
dan fruth is the gent giving the lecture on tuning a lock.

caliber45

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:07:51 AM »
Dang, Lew -- I was a'feared you wuz gonna tell me them young whippersnappers were the ones whose work is so marvelous. I was kinda hoping it took them many decades of building to get that good. Now I'm depressed. At 66, I ought to be a heck of a lot better than I am. Anyway, thanks for the photo IDs. Appreciate it! - paulallen

lew wetzel

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:24:37 AM »
paul,these guys have so much talent and skill.to see thier work now is fantastic,just imagine what they will be putting out in 20 years.they are both on thier way to being sought after contempary builders.thier work will fetch top dollar with many collectors.