Author Topic: Yazel 10 x pistol info wanted?  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Dave R

Yazel 10 x pistol info wanted?
« on: November 15, 2010, 05:36:30 AM »
Has anyone competed with a Yazel 10 x  .36 cal inline target pistol with false muzzle? What dia ball and powder charge do you use? Ticking ect? Are these still made? What is a fair price to pay for one that looks like new! It has a  8 1/2" stainless  barrel? It must need a cocking lever which is missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
Re: Yazel 10 x pistol info wanted?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 07:17:46 PM »
I think the one you are talking about was made by Mike. His father Harold still makes them
I have a new one I was thing about selling. It is a .36     Use a .360 ball  .010 thick patching
and 15 grs Swiss FFF   or 17 grs  Goex FFF.  I can send you a pm with a picture of what I have.
The Pistol Shooter

fdf

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
Frizzen,

I have a weakness for pistols, as a kid I was left looking at pistols in store counters as my father left that part of the store, only to be found when he was ready to go home.

Couple of questions:

1.  I have a 10 Ring made in San Antonio, what is the difference between a Yazel
     Pistol  and a Ten Ring?
2.  The nipple on a Ten Ring is a major pain to remove, is that such on a Yazel
     pistol and do you have the tool to remove the nipple and are replacement
     nipples available?
3.  If you sell the pistol, what will be asking the cost.

Mr. Yazel was going to be in Phoenix in Feb this year and I missed him, kind of wanted to visit with him to see what I could learn.

Thanks

fdf

Offline Dave R

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:03:35 AM »
Frizzen and FDF,
Thanks for your responses! You have shed some light on this subject and have mentioned things," Like the combo breech plug - nipple!" I do not have the tool to remove it and a regular ignition wrench is too thick to fit in around the action!Harold did not remember anything about the wrench or even if one was used?  I spoke with Harold this evening and he said he made the action and did all the machine work and glass beaded them to a satin finish and Mike made the wood grips! The one made in Texas was Harold's idea and they stole it from him!He seemed slightly amused that Texan's decided to call theres a 10 ring so the Yazel's did one better  they called there's a " X RING " ! He said that he is getting up in the years and his memory could be better but he thought they made approx 10 or 12  X- ring pistols!Does yours use a tool to cock the hammer? Most people I have spoke about a X- Ring think $ 550.00 or  $600.00 would be about right? What are you gentlemans thoughts?

Thanks!
Dave R

fdf

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 04:46:15 AM »
Dave R and Frizzen,

Can you please send me your e-mail addresses.

Thanks

fdf

Offline Dave R

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 07:22:20 AM »
FDF,

Click on my name!

Dave R

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
Same here, Just click on the name "Frizzen"
The Pistol Shooter

Offline Dave R

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 07:53:05 AM »
FDF,

If you want to email us just click on either of us just click on our names!
Dave R