Author Topic: Muzzle Blasts Articles by Gusler  (Read 6098 times)

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
Muzzle Blasts Articles by Gusler
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:54:11 AM »
This information could be equally at home in the antique rifle collecting forum because the articles Wallace has written for Muzzle blasts since 2003 cover a very wide variety of subjects. The last three articles are on shot bags so the topic would also fit under accouterments.

Because folks often ask me where to find these articles, I just posted an index of article titles and the issues they appear in on my web site. Back issues are available at a very reasonable price from the NMLRA offices in Friendship.

http://www.flintriflesmith.com/WritingandResearch/Research/MB_articles_WG.htm

Gary
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
Re: Muzzle Blasts Articles by Gusler
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »
What a fantastic resource, thank you.

Coryjoe

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »
Wallace ought to stop fooling around writting small articles for muzzle blasts and instead finish his blasted book before he croaks! ;)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:07:32 AM »
Gary, Now that the book has been brought up, any updates for us on a release date ?

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:58:34 PM »
Gary,

Thanks for your efforts with this.  Your web site is a constant source of information, and inspiration.  This is a very nice addition, thank you.

Ed
Ed Wenger

Tony Clark

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »
Wallace ought to stop fooling around writting small articles for muzzle blasts and instead finish his blasted book before he croaks! ;)

:D

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
Re: Muzzle Blasts Articles by Gusler (now book)
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »
Gary, Now that the book has been brought up, any updates for us on a release date ?

Wallace happened over to my house this weekend and I showed him Mike Brook's comment and this one from Tom asking about the book--- Wallace may have a functioning computer of his own within the next few weeks, but that doesn't mean he will spend time responding to postings because his typing skills make it slow and frustrating.

He actually agreed/though that folks deserve an update on the status of his book so he is going to write something up longhand for me to type and post. I'll start a new thread with it when I do.

Gary
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:08:51 AM by flintriflesmith »
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:51 AM »
Thanks, Gary.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Mike R

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 04:25:05 PM »

While I am sympathetic to this opinion, I have thoroughly enjoyed his articles in MuzzleBlasts and hope he continues to contribute them--they are typically the best articles in the issues. 

Thanks for the index!  For awhile I had all these issues piled separately, but have been moving stuff around and got them confused again! 

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 03:26:05 AM »
He actually agreed/though that folks deserve an update on the status of his book so he is going to write something up longhand for me to type and post. I'll start a new thread with it when I do.
Gary,
Thanks for the info. I wasn't about to ask the question but it will be good to hear an update. I have spent the money I was saving to buy a copy, guess I had better start saving up again!
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson