Author Topic: First time placing photos in post  (Read 3416 times)

Offline smylee grouch

First time placing photos in post
« on: December 25, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »
This is my first attempt at placing photos in post. Enclosed is a photo of a group I shot off the sandbags at 50 yards.  I'm just trying to see if I can get this thing to work.  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:33:25 AM by Daryl »

Daryl

Re: First time placing photos in post
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 01:36:53 AM »
Gary- you need a photo site to upload to.  
The address doesn't look appropriate for that.
Many of us use Photobucket - Acer Sac. has a tutorial on photo posting in the tutorial forum of this site.  His directions are quite easy to follow- but probably need updating due to changes at photobucket.

Hmm- the photo finally opened up for me in SCLoyalist's post and the group is pretty good.
Tks for posting it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:40:40 AM by Daryl »

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:42:46 AM »
Daryl: Group had first 5 shots into .6 in. across widest span, then sun came out from behind the clouds and group shifted and opend up.  I still will have to work on this photo posting thing but my daughter went home now so dont know how long it will be befor I make any progress. Its not that I know alot about shooting but I do  know more about shooting than computers and their operation. Best wishes everyone.    Gary

Offline Dan

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:13:08 PM by Dan »

Daryl

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 08:28:07 PM »
Gary- isn't it amazing how a light change can change the point of impact.  Many blades and beads have rounded rear edges - not the shape of the slant- but the sides.  If there is any side or edge rounding, there will be a greater poi shift than from a flat rear surface.   

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 06:29:51 AM »
Daryl, My front sight has those rounded edges but I can usualy offset the effect you talk of by using a shadder(which I didnt have with me the day I shot the group in the photo). It was a really nice morning for shooting and I was some distance from home so didnt want to wast time in going back to get a shader. Now if I can get one of my co-workers to come over after work(he is a computer guy) and help me with the photo posting thing I will be a happy camper.  Note: The sun was at about 2 o-clock with little wind when I shot the errent fliers.    Gary