Author Topic: " The Gallery".... A new service  (Read 10299 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
" The Gallery".... A new service
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:27:06 AM »
CLICK HERE:------>> http://hurricanenordgallery.com/

ALR member access to NON-ALR sponsored Gallery website

The Gallery will display, at a modest cost to sellers, descriptions and images of original and contemporary Kentucky rifles and pistols being offered for sale. Potential buyers should submit contact information which will then be privately transmitted to sellers.

Sellers at their sole discretion will use this information as they deem appropriate.

Please enter the Gallery for details:

http://hurricanenordgallery.com/

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Re: " The Gallery".... A new service
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:36:24 AM »

I'm able to log in now.     ;D
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline B. Hey

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:32:49 AM »
Thanks for the Gallery. It will be enjoyable watching it grow in activity and spirit. Take care ... Bill Hey

hoochiejohn

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »
Excellent idea, and a convienent service in regards to time and travel constraints ;D
Imagine, longrifles at you fingertips ;D ;D
Thanks!

loco219

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »
I don't know what I am doing wrong, I can log into the Gallery, but I cannot find anything for sale. When I click on the Gallery tab, I get info. for two library guns ? Are there other pages? Help!

Offline nord

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »
The answers are as follows:

1. The two guns displayed are, indeed, for sale.

2. They happen to be in the Library, so your observation is correct.

Please be patient as this is new territory and word has to get out before we can expect an increase of activity. We believe that The Gallery will likely be a rather exclusive site and probably cater to niceer and more expensive pieces. We don't envision ever being compared to a site such as GunBroker. We're doing something entirely different.

Thanks for your question and your interest.
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.

• Library_mod
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »
3/28/11: Three (3) guns currently for sale

coutios

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 08:03:14 PM »
  Just a simple question... When a rifle is sold from the Library will the new owner have the option to have it removed???  Sorry if I missed the info somewhere... I for one would miss any that left....

Regards
Dave

• Library_mod
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 02:57:07 AM »
It will be removed when no longer for sale.
Hurricane

Offline Tanselman

• member 2
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 01:55:12 AM »
Fred, Do you mean it would it be removed from the Gallery posting, or removed from the virtual library? I think the question was whether a new owner of a gun previously in the virtual library, can then ask to have it removed from the library after he/she buys and owns it. Shelby

coutios

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 03:17:55 AM »
  Shelby, Thanks for clarifing my question...  I would be sorry to see the new owner of an item in the Library remove it from the site... 

Thanks
Dave

• Library_mod
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
Guns displayed in the Library will remain!
Hhurricane

Offline alyce-james

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »

Good morning Sir; How does one find the asking price on sale guns offered in the Gallery ?? Thanks Jim
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Offline nord

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 03:10:40 AM »
One merely follows the instructions and contacts either Fred or myself. Either <parifles@earthlink.net> or <nordata@earthlink.net>.

Just to be clear... We forward your info and Email address to the gun owner. The owner then may contact you. In any case a totally private affair where anything that transpires will be between you and the gun owner.
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.

Offline alyce-james

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:10 AM »
Nord; Thanks for the fast reply. Jim
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Fred

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 03:17:01 PM »
I can't login to the gallery it says my user name doesn't exist. The general discussion has me in good standing  what gives?

Offline nord

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
Fred -

You really don't need to log into the Gallery as none of the boards are open for discussion. You should be able to visit as a guest without a problem. If not, let me know.

Once again... The Gallery is built for total privacy between a potential seller and a potential owner. If you happen to see an item of interest you may contact me at <nordata@earthlink.net> or <parifles@earthlink.net>. I'll forward your info to the owner and the owner will then make contact with you. In other words there is no way that admin has any interest or knowledge of what may transpire.

As to membership, this I closed due to spamming attempts. At times I was deleting twenty applications several times a day. Since membership has absolutely no effect on Gallery use I could see no downside.