Author Topic: Help with info about a early maker??? Christain Dilfe - PA?  (Read 2891 times)

Buckscoshooter

Help with info about a early maker??? Christain Dilfe - PA?
« on: January 08, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any info about a Maker who would have been building guns around the 1780ish to 1830ish time frame by the name of Christain Dilfe? I have also been told he was from the Berks Co. PA/Lancaster Co.PA area but may have relocated at some point to Susquahanna Co. PA.  Any info about this builder would be helpful and appricated. It is possible I may have the spelling of his name slightly wrong but some of you may reconize him as a early builder.   HELP!!!! Thanks in advance to anyone who replys.   Cheers/Buckscoshooter

Per Dr. Whisker - Admin

Christian Seibble. gunsmith. Between 1797 and 1803 Christian Seibble was a gunsmith in Lancaster city. In 1802 and 1803 he was in the household of Jacob Haeffer. In 1808 he was taxed in Middletown, Lancaster County. His name was spelled: Seiple, Seibele, Seibel and Seibble.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:23:34 AM by nord »

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: Help with info about a early maker??? Christain Dilfe - PA?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »
Where did you get the name?  If it's from a barrel signature and it hard to read, maybe it is Christian Derr/Durr?  Just a thought - some of those old signatures are crazy.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Buckscoshooter

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 02:06:02 AM »
Yes Eric, it is from the top of the barrel on one of my .50 cals. Also, yes it is hard to read. At one point I considered it might be a Derr. But have not been able to nail it down and be conculsive. I will try to upload pics in the very near future and hope one of the guys here may reconize the script.

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:45:55 AM »
How about Siple?
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Buckscoshooter

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:04:44 AM »
THATS HIM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HOLY MOLY,,,,I knew someone would get me there. What do you know of him? Where can I get more info.... My GOD what a relief.  Can't thank you enough!!!!!!!! How did you know?