Author Topic: Pics of a Christain Siple LongrRfle (Pictures Added at 2100)  (Read 5388 times)

Buckscoshooter

Pics of a Christain Siple LongrRfle (Pictures Added at 2100)
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
As I stated in another thread, I shoot my Original Siple LongRifle often. I would like to share pics with all of you fellas for a possible in depth discussion. Recently I took some 77 pics of her with my Olympus Digital Camera. The problem is, I am not a computer kinda guy. The fact that I am even on this site is a miricle. So, Any help with posting would be appricated. I would be glad and grateful to forward pics to some who will post them for me. If any one is interested my email is rboro39@aol.com.  Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.   ( I will send the obvious pics to get things started at first, 10 or so should work )

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:25:01 PM by Dennis Glazener »

LURCHWV@BJS

Re: Pics of a Christain Siple LongrRfle
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:32:36 PM »
Bucks Co, Shooter,

Go to the tutorial section of the forum.  Posting Pics Is the first tutorial.

Rich

Buckscoshooter

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
O.K., Guys pics should be uo this evening. Hope you all enjoy and I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts.

Offline albert

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:22:34 AM »
I would be interested  in seeing your pics,I have pictures of a C. Siple rifle that a friend of mine  who recently passed away had ,I have them on my computer . It would be interesting to see the similarities between the two.
j albert miles

Buckscoshooter

Re: Pics of a Christain Siple LongrRfle (Pictures Added at 2100)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 05:28:09 AM »
Thanks to Fred for posting these pics for me.

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
She is a real beauty!  What kind of groupings do you get with it? 
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline A.Merrill

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 03:27:51 AM »
    I to would like to know something about this gun, it's origin. Very nice. Thanks for the pic's.    AL
Alan K. Merrill

Buckscoshooter

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
The grouping at 100 yds. using a Hornady .490 ball/.018 patch and a charge of FF/70gr. 3 shots before a swab put 2 shots touching dead center pie plate and the third 1/2in. to the right of the two tiuching. Followed by 5 alchol cleaning patches for 3 mote shots all touching center hit. FWIW I did a 2 ball shot with 110g. and bat 100 yards and both balls landed parallel to each other one was 1in to the right and the other was 4in. to the right from that.   Answer to second question, I aquired this gun at auction some 25+ years ago. I happen to out bid the brother of the fella who's estate (collection) was being auctioned off. After the auction the brother congerulated me and gave me a 1 hour history lesson of the gun. The fella who's estate it came from used it since he aquired in the early to mid 1930's and proceeded to use the gun for hunting and matches quite regularly. He also made a point to point out that this brother had cared for this gun like no other he owned.(keeping on top of regular matinance) I aquired her in the early 1980's and have ended many a Deer season with meat in the freezer. I only out bid the brother in lieu of his funds running low as he tried to re-buy as much of his late brothers collection. This is truly a working man's gun.

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
I only out bid the brother in lieu of his funds running low as he tried to re-buy as much of his late brothers collection.

:( That's sad.

John
John Robbins