Author Topic: A call to arms!  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
A call to arms!
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:26:10 PM »
Gentlemen,
      Since joining this community a few months ago, I've learned alot and burned through all of the photo galleries and go each day to the forum hoping to see new rifles to look at and learn about. 
Most often I am disappointed that there is little
new to see and discuss.  This being winter and downtime for alot of us
outdoor folks, I would hope we could all find a little time to share photos
of our muzzleloaders and talk about them.  This is my call to arms. 
I'd like to see more folks interested in sharing their info as I have.
Thanks in advance.
Rob
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline nord

Re: A call to arms!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:06:58 AM »
Rob -

Fear not! I hold guns in Committee for several weeks in order to give our board members time to research and comment. Several fine rifles were added to the museum just yesterday and I'm holding a good number more.

Please keep in mind that it's the generosity of owners which allows us to exhibit these pieces.  We realize that it takes time and effort to forward information and photos. And maybe a little faith in our promise of privacy. Thankfully our reputation seems to have allowed more and more owners willing to place their trust in us and share these wonderful works of art with the world.

Our hope is that someone will take up the torch with contemporary works. Fred and I have always believed that modern artisans are not the "poor brothers" of artisans of the past. Modern works stand on their own merits and are often works of great beauty. It's our hope that we'll somehow bridge the gap between antique and contemporary camps for the benefit of all.

Any volunteers?
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:55:16 AM »
Nord,  I think this site has potential to be the greatest repository of
historic american muzzleloaders and likely already is.  I'm hoping that
others will see that their contributions will lead to a greater appreciation
of the rifles by those inside the collecting world, historic researchers and
the curious just passing through.  We've only scratched the surface of
what is out there.  Unfortunately, many of these guns are in the hands of
those who have little or no interest in the internet.  Reaching them will
be a challenge.  Thank you for your dedication and commitment to this
endeavor.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Kopp

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »
Nord,  I think this site has potential to be the greatest repository of historic american muzzleloaders and likely already is.

In searching for info and photos of Andrew and George Kopp rifles online, I found more information here (by far) than anywhere else on the internet. And the willingness of forum members to share knowledge and wisdom has been a true pleasure.