Author Topic: Lewisburg PA Show  (Read 18566 times)

Offline Don Getz

Re: Lewisburg PA Show
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »
Got up this morning to some ice on everything, but, doesn't look as bad as anticipated.   Supposed to be up to 40 by noon so the roads should be in good shape before noon.   Might even see some sun this afternoon, tomorrow should be
fine for travel.    They are calling for a wintry mix on saturday, don't really anticipate too much from that.   Have had some
good local ads for the show in the local newspapers, should have a good crowd..........Do

Offline Bill-52

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »
Wish I could be there.  Went last year, my first, and really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning so much.  Spent a good part of yesterday (here in New England) shovelling 4 feet of snow off a couple of my roofs -- never got down to the bare roof and its still snowing!

My best to all. Safe trips.

Bill
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:20:52 PM by Bill52 »

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 10:53:14 PM »
Hey, Hey, Hey.....10 minutes to 3 and the sun is shining.   Went out about 3 hours ago to clear the ice off my car and lo
and behold, nothing but a few drops of water on it.  Looking good.   Will have to leave soon and pick up that drifter from
out west.  Looks like a great week-end...........Don

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 11:03:39 PM »
OK you guys!!

I really wish I could make it to one of these shows sometime.

Allen,

Please tell me one of those rifles is mine???  Just kidding... I am waiting patiently.  (Well, not that patiently). 

Don and Allen,

You guys know I live it Arizona, and normally, this time of year, the daytime temps are around 65deg.  Today, however, it's just gotten up to 39 deg @ 1:00pm.  Wind chill is 29deg.  I am freezing my arse off.  No snow or ice (a little rain yesterday), but the wind is blowing 25mph, and my blood is REALLY thin.

OK, enough whining.   One more question..... I can only make one trip this year..... what is the best show to go to?  I've been to Dixon's once, and would love to go again, but would like to make one of the other shows in your area as well. 

Besides that...... I miss you guys.  It has been 3 years after all.

In His grip,

Dane

Bob Mac

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:33 AM »
I'll be there Friday afternoon. Haven't missed one yet. Thanks in advance to everyone involved in making this show happen. It's a great cure for cabin fever.
Bob

Online AMartin

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 04:24:13 AM »
Dane ....
One of those rifles is not yours !! ..... Sorry I just can't help myself !! However ... I need to shape and finish another that I have started and perhaps another ... I have your stock & barrel standing in the corner waiting on me .. and thats a good thing because it never made it to the basement .... once they hit the basement the wait goes on forever !!
So I should be starting it before too long ..... I'll be in touch ....

The weather really warmed-up .... then drop like a lead sinker ... along with wind ... Those chaps form Canada need to keep that wind .... But the good news it's dry ... and looks like a super weekend ..

Allen

Offline rf50cal

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 04:43:13 AM »
Good news and Bad news..........glad the weather is gonna be good.........but I saw my name on a stock in the basement
Roger Fleisher

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 05:33:03 AM »
Well the trucks all packed.Just have to dodge some black ice through Jersey and the Pocono's ;) ;) ;) Looking forward to seeing eveyone.Stop by my table and say HI!!!!!

Mitch Yates

billd

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 05:40:47 AM »
Careful.   Lots of black ice.  Its bad here in NE PA

Bill

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 06:10:35 AM »
Have a safe trip Mitch and the same to everyone else coming to set up and take in the show.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 06:24:51 AM »
OK Al,

Well at least you still know where it is!!  Can't wait my friend.

By the way.... no one has answered my questions about which event to attend.  Help me out here guys!!!!
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »
I'm planning on going down the NYS Thruway from Albany, west on 84, down to 80 thru Scranton. I hope the roads are OK.

See you there, everyone!

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Joey R

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 06:39:29 AM »
Patch, go to the CLA annual show in Lexington, Ky. in August. The best!!
Joey.....Don’t ever ever ever give up! Winston Churchill

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 06:48:01 AM »
I vote for CLA also.  The guys will all be there too.  I really wanted to go to Lewisburg too.  Maybe I can next year.  I think the big three are  CLA, Lewisburg, and Dixons.

Regards,
Pletcher
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Online AMartin

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »
Roger
The really good thing is , and I don't tell many people , is that it doesn't take very long to make the trip to the basement and get the stock & barrel and haul it to the work studio !!!

CLA would be a nice time to see you Dane ...... and the show is awesome !!!

Allen

Online Telgan

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
You guys are killin me. We just got done with the latest "stom of the century", and more snow on the way sat.. I'm still movin the snow I just got. Have never had weather good enough to make it down to Lewisburg. Enjoy and post lots of pictures for us snowbound types.

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
I think this is the first year for really good weather, so I'm gonna make it up on Friday!  Bringing the Kerchner with me, so look out Getz.   ;D
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 06:18:28 AM »
OK Guys,

I'm going to check out plane fares and lodging.  See if I can manage the CLA show.  August is a @!*% fine time to be away from Arizona.

Thanks!!!
In His grip,

Dane