Author Topic: Need A Shotgun Barrel  (Read 2785 times)

Silhouette4570

Need A Shotgun Barrel
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:34:51 AM »
Need a little help, please. I've been searching for a commercial source for a smooth bore barrel for a shotgun project. What I'm looking for is a tapered round or octagon to round barrel at least 36 inches long, one inch to about one and a quarter at the breech, I'd like 12 gauge, but can settle for 20. I prefer no wedding band, but can live with one. So far the closest thing I've come up with is a Colrain which has two bands, which I do not want, and 20 gauge, not my preference. If there are no commercial sources at hand, does anyone know of a custom maker who might turn out something like this? I'm wanting to make gun for trap. I've got an original A. WURFFLEIN PHILA single barrel, 14 Ga shotgun which I use right now. I basically want to follow it's style. It has a patent breech and a back action lock. The lock, by the way, looks to be identical to L&R's, looks like the L&R would be close to a drop-in.

Thanks and any help is appreciated.

Jack

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Need A Shotgun Barrel
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 05:01:47 AM »
Welcome Jack, good luck , but I think a 1" at the breech might be alittle small for 12 gauge.   

Silhouette4570

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:11:57 AM »
Right, I said to about one and a quarter. One will do for a 20 Ga. My 14Ga is one and three sixteenths.

Jack

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:19:50 AM »
I have exactly what you are looking for.  Send me an email and I will reply tomorrow with specs and pics.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Curt Lyles

• Curt’s Blacksmith Shop
    • Curt's Blacksmith Shop
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
Jack,

I have a 46" Ed Rayl barrel that might meet your requirements.  Email me, and I'll send you the specifics and a picture if you'ld like. 

Curt
email: clram@bnin.net