Author Topic: New member  (Read 4729 times)

MAC57

« on: February 19, 2011, 03:08:26 AM »
I thought I would say how much I have enjoyed reading the forum. Glad I found it. 1st flintlock is finished. Now for my next project , I have a problem, stock has a crack in the buttstock. what is CA glue? Where do I purchase it and what name brand? Any help will be appreciated.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:16:35 AM »
I thought I would say how much I have enjoyed reading the forum. Glad I found it. 1st flintlock is finished. Now for my next project , I have a problem, stock has a crack in the buttstock. what is CA glue? Where do I purchase it and what name brand? Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to ALR MAC57. CA glue is SuperGlue and its relatives see this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate I use it to glue up cracks in my hands from cold dry weather ;D I use a good stainable wood glue on wood stock repairs.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

MAC57

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:20:07 AM »
Thank you Dennis. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures of 1st build I will.
Thanks again, Mark

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:24:14 AM »
Welcome!

I'm a new member also and have learned an immense amount of things ALR in the short time I've been here. You're in for a real treat with the kind and generous folks here!

Looking forward to seeing your build!

Best Regards,
Albert “Afghanus” Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles™
Best Hog Hunting in Florida!!

greybeard

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 04:29:44 AM »
Welcome. As near as I can figure there is about $5,000,000.00 worth of valuable information on this site.   Bob

trimegistus

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 05:35:11 AM »
Bob and Albert, I couldnt agree more.  The information here is addicting! The friendliness and generosity of the people here is rare and touching in these times.  Long Live ALR!!

MAC57

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »
Thank you fellows for the warm welcome.  I read somewhere about a show in Greensburgh Pa.  Anyone know when , I think it said it was at the Sheraton Hotel. Of course I didn't write it down I would remember 'RIGHT'.
Mark

paxtonboy

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »
Venue Name: Westmoreland Mall
Venue Address: 5256 Route 30
Venue City: Greensburg
Venue State: PA
Venue Phone Number: (724) 836-5025

Where: Greensburg-PA Venue

When: 8:00am Sun 11.14.10-4:00pm Sun 11.14.10 with -1 other showtimes 11.14.10

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 07:05:36 PM »
Thank you fellows for the warm welcome.  I read somewhere about a show in Greensburgh Pa.  Anyone know when , I think it said it was at the Sheraton Hotel. Of course I didn't write it down I would remember 'RIGHT'.
Mark
You live in the eastern parts of Penna?  You looking for a place to shoot these beasties ??? 25 Mi N of Allentown lemmee know and I'll send you a shoot flyer.  Or, get hold of the Penna federation of black powder shooters booklet, lists all the shoots of member clubs in the state.....

MAC57

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »
Thanks paxton. Rodger I live in western Pa. 35 miles east of Pittsburgh.