Author Topic: T/C Buckeye Carbine question  (Read 2907 times)

wwpete52

T/C Buckeye Carbine question
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:31:43 AM »
Years ago Thompson Center made a .50 caliber carbine with a 20" barrel called the Buckeye Carbine.  I have search the web high and low trying to find out what the rate of twist is.  Would any of you guys know? Thanks!

Scott Semmel

Re: T/C Buckeye Carbine question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 06:49:16 AM »
Haven't got a clue didn't even know they made such a critter, T/C customer service #is 603-330-5659

wwpete52

Re: T/C Buckeye Carbine question
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 07:02:36 AM »
Thanks Scott! Yes, back in the late 80's T/C made a special run of carbines that were to be "exclusives" for retail outlets like Cabela's and other sporting good stores.  It was called the Buckeye Carbine.  I guess the stores had to comment to so many.  I've heard that they made anywhere from 250 to 600 units (depending on who tells the story).  They came with percussion locks, walnut stocks, blued 20" barrels, metal but plate and (I think) tang sights.  They looked kind of like the White Mountain Carbine.  I haven't been able to find out if they came with fast twist barrels, like the White Mountain Carbine, or slow twist barrels.  Hopefully the folks at T/C will remember! Thanks again for the phone number.