Author Topic: Entry pipe  (Read 3095 times)

Offline James

Entry pipe
« on: March 01, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
What did I do wrong, I actually got a part inletted without a screw-up. The entry pipe goes up by the nose cap, right? ;D
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline Dale Campbell

Re: Entry pipe
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »
That's right.  If you built the version with the really long ramrod hole.
Best regards,
Dale

Offline James

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »
 :D ;D
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
Hard to believe but I once say a Russian made ca. 1750-70 rifle with about a 42 inch barrel that was stocked in curly maple and had the ramrod inside the stock all the way to about 4 inches from the muzzle. I didn't get to take it apart so I don't know if the hole was drilled all that way or cut from inside the barrel channel.

It has no entry pipe.  :)

Gary
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline bgf

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
I'd leave, I think its the worst thing to inlet and it may be the only thing that drives to build poor boys.  I did one yesterday, and it went as well as it ever does -- which is to say it won't be perfect until the rifle is a year old and I've forgotten about how screwed up it is :).  At least that is how the others went.

omark

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:07:16 AM »
I'd leave, I think its the worst thing to inlet and it may be the only thing that drives to build poor boys.  I did one yesterday, and it went as well as it ever does -- which is to say it won't be perfect until the rifle is a year old and I've forgotten about how screwed up it is :).  At least that is how the others went.
you do buttplates and ill do the entry thimble. i see a partnership in our future.     lol   mark