Author Topic: info. on W H Forker rifle...  (Read 4009 times)

cameron50

info. on W H Forker rifle...
« on: March 24, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
Hello everybody,
I am new to this site so im not sure if im in the right fourm or not,Anyway i am in the process of purchasing a cap&ball rifle made by William H Forker(father was Samuel)he(and his father)made guns in Meadville PA.
I can not find any auction results,price guide price,etc.I would like some input on what to offer as it is an antique rifle...50 cal.tiger maple stock,firing,and about 70-80%+ as con.
Any help,leads,info,etc.will be GREATFULLY APPRECIATED.Thank You.

Offline jdm

• member 2
Re: info. on W H Forker rifle...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »

Full stock or half stock .Does it have a cap box?  Pictures are a must. The guys on this site are good but without pictures it makes it more of a challenge.     JIM
JIM

cameron50

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 01:32:44 AM »
I am not sure if its a half stock or full(im new at this),i will try&get a picture up soon...there is a cap box,i have a pic but cannot see on fourm as where to upload it,do i have to pay to do this?thank you for your time jim i appreciate it !

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 03:01:17 AM »
William H. Forker is reported to ahve worked in Meadville, PA from 1859-1880. Died in 1899. Son of Samuel as you note who also worked in Meadville. ( Sellers)

Easiest ways to post are to place the pictures in a public free photosharing site such as "Photobucket" or similar sites and then put the assigned url into your thread on the ALR. Also you are welcome to email me the photos and I will post them for you.

Hurricane
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:04:32 AM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 03:02:29 AM »
Part of the beauty of this forum is  that it's FREE. What cost 's you is when you get hooked on these old guns.  Go to the tutoral section of the forum it will help you with the pictures. A full stock is when the stock wood goes to the end of the barell, half stock half way up.   JIM
JIM

cameron50

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Hurrican&jdm...Thank you for your help,i am hopefully going to by this gun(i live 40miles from meadville)i've wanted a muzzle loader for some time...It is a "full stock".I hope to have a picture up soon.Again thanks for all the help so far,these types of fourm are very cool&informative...happy shooting&be safe,
Darrin AKA cameron50