Author Topic: Breathe Knives  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Breathe Knives
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
I have a really nice rifleman's knife that is stamped Breathe Knives in an oval one the blade right in front of the guard. It has a sheath that has the upper half covered with a center sewn cover over the sheath. The sheath has an Indian "Thunderbird" stamped on the reverse tip which I assume is a touchmark for the maker. Is anyone familiar with the maker? I have tried to find a business for this company and have not succeeded. It seems to me that someone told me it was made by a Bob or Bobby Breathe. Anyone know if he is still in business?
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
Re: Breathe Knives
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:58:12 PM »
Dennis - is there any chance it is "Beathe" rather than "Breathe"?  Mike Beathe is a pretty well known maker - Oklahoma I think - and his blade mark is similar to your description of the one on your blade.  I have one of his knives - he makes good stuff.  Here is a link to his website - you can see his touchmark in some of the photos:

http://www.beatheknives.com/

Guy  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:00:50 AM by G-Man »

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:43:59 AM »
Guy,
Right you are. Needed to put my glasses on. Its stamped Beathe Knives.
Thanks
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Mike R

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
Yep, an Oklahoma maker.  He also makes hatchets,  tomahawks and war clubs.  I see him at the Pinnacle Mountain rendezvous every year along the Arkansas River west of Little Rock and own one of his light hand-forged tomahawks.  His knives are very nice, too.  He also usually has other trade items--like the special Lee Larkin powder horn I bought from him.