Author Topic: Chamber's delivery time  (Read 14122 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Re: Chamber's delivery time
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
As for the birds eye I need its for a pistol so not a huge piece is needed...  I'd say a blank 22" x 8" x 3" should be more than enough... Any idea of price for a small piece like this?

Barbie, have you tried this supplier? http://www.birdseyemaple.com/about.html
They say they have birds eye stock blanks. This quote is taken from the bottom of their web page:

"Our pattern shop produces thousands of pre-dimensioned parts for the top builders of guitars, jets, yachts, automobiles, billiard cues & gunstocks. We supply lumber to cabinetmakers and furnituremakers."

Best regards

Rolfkt
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:51:02 AM by Rolfkt »

Evil Monkey

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »
I'm down to one piece that is a combo stripe and birdseye-a big fullstock 2 1/2"thick, I think it is 1/4 sawn as well.

I doubt that. I believe that 1/4 sawing birds eye will put the knots (birds eyes) on the top and bottom of the blank ans slab sawing puts them on the sides. It's the opposite of curl..........I think :-\

Offline t.caster

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »
Monkey, you are right. What you describe is like the piece I used on my fowler. The pce. I have left has grain running at 45 degrees though it, not slab cut. Lots of spots on the sides and stripe mostly on top & bottom but on the sides as well. 60" long and quite heavy. Anyway Barbies not interested.
Tom C.

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
Folks, I had the recent pleasure of visiting Jim at his home/office there in what surely must be God's Country. Y'all know that he and karen are gracious people and he is somone whose word is his bond. If he cannot deliver on an order, no one can. It just ain't possible!
I don't build, hunt or even shoot; just collect. But, from what I saw in his shoppe, I am sorely tempted to put aside my gigantic lack of self confidence and buy one of his kits. Don't know how many of you are aware that Jim is a gifted builder in his own right and can produce fine rifles with the best of them.
My advice: buy now, buy with confidence!
All best regards-Dick Gadler

nchunter

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »
Have any of you ordered a fancy grade walnut fowler stock from Chambers? How long did delivery take?

Waksupi,

I ordered a fancy grade walnut fowler stock from Chambers the first week of July.  Still waiting for it four months later.  So it can take a while...