Author Topic: Bob Ditchburn featured on the contemporary blog  (Read 2814 times)

Offline rlm

Bob Ditchburn featured on the contemporary blog
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
Here is a gentleman who's work still sets the standards

Offline Ben I. Voss

Re: Bob Ditchburn featured on the contemporary blog
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
Wow! I only knew about the locks he made, but he is one of our "modern masters" at rifle building as well!

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
Wow, 90 years old, great guy, tremendous talent.    The first guns of his that I saw were in kind of a showroom down at
the Paris barrel shop.    I think he and Bob Paris were related, wives may have been sisters.  Stan Hollenbaugh will know
the connection.   Bob was one of those earlier builders that did this "flawless" work, along with Karl Pippert, George Stanford, Rudy Bahr, and probably others from what they used to refer to as the "Bladensburg School".   I first met Bob
when he worked in the State Museum.    He used to make it to the KRA show in Carlisle, would usually chat with him there,  sort of doubt that he makes the trip to our new location out near Pittsburg.   He really was one of the early masters in the new contemporary field of gunbuilding.   So happy to hear that he is still going at 90, congratulations on a
long life, filled with a lot of great achievements.   I also think he had a hand in the development of some of the barrel equipment that is still running in our shop.....................Don

Flinter

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:29 AM »
Man, that is a nice looking rifle. I especially like the patch box head design that looks similar to a capitol A. I think this is one of the best looking overall patch box designs.

Thanks for sharing the information Don.

Mike