Author Topic: D. Decker Pieces  (Read 3211 times)

Offline cmac

D. Decker Pieces
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:33:40 AM »
I was lucky enough to inherit my grandfathers rifle built by close friend David Decker. I was wondering if any of you folks have pictures or have knowledge of his work. Dave is from western New York as am I. He has been out of the trade for some time now but there was a time that he turned out a good number of muzzleloaders and knives.

Offline Don Getz

Re: D. Decker Pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
Boy, it's been a long time since I heard that name.   Over the years we made barrels for Dave, and I think he was down
to our shop on several occassions.   Haven't heard his name in many years.........Is he still living?.........Don

Offline cmac

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:55:01 AM »
Yeah Don, he is still alive and kickin. Hasn't done any guns in a long time. He got onto this samari  sword kick and now he is into autos. He lives about 30 minutes from me and I still see him once in a while

Offline cmac

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:35:28 AM »
Its a shame he has been out of the building game for so long. He did some great work. I would love to see some more of his pieces. Nobody?I believe he was even doing some museum work for a while.

Offline kutter

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:36:00 AM »
I did some engraving work for Dave back in the late 80's. He was making knives & still was turning out rifles too. One visit I remember he had a beautiful Jaeger in the works to show.
I wasn't even in to BP or L/R building then.
I just got back to it last year.

..Addison(?)...IIRC