Author Topic: Southern Chester County (PA) Shoot, Saturday 30 April PHOTOS POSTED  (Read 5664 times)

xring2245

Photos from today's shoot

Drew Gregg, match coordinator, firing his underhammer rifle

The loading table is always a popular hangout

Start that ball!

David was one of two left handed shooters who shot today

David had to play catchup as he ran into construction delays on Rt. 202 on the way to the shoot.

I will post more.  We all had a great time today.  Too bad our shooting wasn't as good as the fun we had.

James
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:21:40 AM by xring2245 »

xring2245

Southern Chester County (PA) Shoot, Saturday 30 April - MORE PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:36 AM »
Here are more photos from today's shoot.

James

Mike Amico, one of four NJ shooters at today's shoot, is getting ready to load for his next shot.

This was our most difficult target of the day.

Why doesn't Mike seem very happy?

A view of the loading and firing lines from the targets

Mike's son-in-law, Charles

David Wright, today's match winner, and also Mike's son-in-law

That's it on the photos.  The next shoot hosted by Southern Chester County Sprotsman's and Farmers' Association will be in late June.  Brandywine Longrifles will be hosting a shoot at the club on Saturday, 14 May.  Mike Amico will be match director and his daughter, Dave's wife, will be cooking chili and other goodies for lunch.

Please come and join us.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:32:11 AM by xring2245 »

xring2245

Good shoot today.  I didn't shoot that great, but had more fun than sitting at home.

James

Daryl

Looks like fun - that's a descent group, if compiled onto one bull, with 2 lows ones, cutting each other. Little left is all. Bit right and only 2 outside the centre.  I assume 1/2 ball rule.

xring2245

Looks like fun - that's a descent group, if compiled onto one bull, with 2 lows ones, cutting each other. Little left is all. Bit right and only 2 outside the centre.  I assume 1/2 ball rule.

Definitely, not a bad group.  This was David Wright's target.  He shoots a T/C Hawken flinter.  He knows his gun!

James
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:08:29 PM by xring2245 »

Offline Roger Fisher

Thanks for the photos looks like a beautiful day to shoot....So how many shooters that fine day?

Offline wattlebuster

Looks to me there was a good time to be had there :)
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline BJH

I look at the faces kind of carefully to see if I recognise any body from my days years ago at Delaware County Field and Stream and at the Avondale Quarry club. Of course this goes back around 30 years ago. I moved about 140 miles nort and west to Northumberland county Pa in 1985.
BJH

xring2245

Thanks for the photos looks like a beautiful day to shoot....So how many shooters that fine day?

There were six shooters, including four of us from NJ.  Those of us from NJ shoot at that club the second Saturday at the Brandywine Longrifles shoots.  The facilities are somewhat private; there are five ranges on that part of the club property and each one is totally enclosed.  You can see in one of the photos looking back at the firing line the covered positions in the background.  This allows us to do what we want to do, safely, of course, and not bother or be bothered by anyone else using the facilities.

The Revolutionary battle of Brandywine took place up the road a few miles.  The area has many 18th and 19th Century stone houses and other historic structures.

And, yes, it was a nice day to shoot and the shoot ran smoothly.  Drew Gregg, the shoot coordinator, served a nice chili for lunch and the fellowship was priceless.

James