Author Topic: sHOOT TODAY???  (Read 17143 times)

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: sHOOT TODAY???
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:36 AM »
Here's today's motley crew...nine of us including a new fellow on the far right.  His first muzzleloading rifle and first time out with it.  He had a great time, as did we all.  In a couple of weeks all the snow should be gone.

D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

xring2245

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 05:56:56 AM »
Does the dog shoot too?  j/k  Good to see more pics of different groups at other events.  Thanks for sharing.

James

Harnic

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
Wow Taylor, the snow is going fast!  Looking good!  I found your club on Google Earth, looks like an ideal location!  I sure hope I live long enough to come shoot there with you!

Leatherbelly

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
Harry,
  On any Sunday!

• Member 3
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:50 AM »
James, the dog's job is to keep the squirrels and rabbits from annoying us while we shoot.  Between him and Leatherbelly's (Canvasback's) wienner dog, Sam, we feel pretty safe.

Harry, not many things would give me more pleasure than to have you join us.  Perhaps you can attend ouor Rendezvous this year...three days of fun and frolic over the Canada Day weekend.
D. Taylor Sapergia

Harnic

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 01:17:47 AM »
Harry,
  On any Sunday!

I'll give it my best shot next year Roy!  What a hoot we'd have!!! :)

Harnic

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 01:18:39 AM »

Harry, not many things would give me more pleasure than to have you join us.  Perhaps you can attend ouor Rendezvous this year...three days of fun and frolic over the Canada Day weekend.

Thanks Taylor, I will make a concerted effort to be there next year.  My recovery has been much complicated with setbacks including an emergency surgery at the end of March, so this year just getting to Heffley at the end of August will be challenge enough.  It would be an extreme honour & a pleasure to shoot with you in good old PG!  I miss that town & don't see you or any of my other friends there often enough!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:25:03 AM by Harnic »

Daryl

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 04:51:18 AM »
Well, hopefully you're on the mend now, Harry.

BTW- Taylor tried his big Hawken on Sunday - light load around 80 or 85gr. but it shot fairly well.  If you want to shoot a 'cheater sight' that's the one to use. Just like using a peep - easy to hold due to the weight and and shoot's centre.

Harnic

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
I hope so too Daryl!  I'm not counting my chickens just yet tho..

Thanks for the update on Taylor's Hawken, it sounds sweet!  I am going for a "cheater" sight for sure. ;)

crispy

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »
yeah harry come on up to PG when you can, may see you in Heffly or Salmon arm , if your about.   last Sunday I was the only smothbore shooter, that made me top smoothie of the day :)

Harnic

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 07:00:09 AM »
yeah harry come on up to PG when you can, may see you in Heffly or Salmon arm , if your about.   last Sunday I was the only smothbore shooter, that made me top smoothie of the day :)

Ha!  Well, it's a back door win, but you'll take it eh Chris?  ;)  I might pop up to Salmon Arm, so hopefully I'll see you there. :)

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »
No not shooting today but sure are shooting Thurs,. Friday at So Lancaster, Sat at Blue Mt and Sunday at our shoot First Frontier.

If I can handle it ::)

• Member 3
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 02:33:14 AM »
Look everyone...almost no snow!!  All our targets are clear of snow, and it's only the middle of May.  Hooooooray!!  Small turnout today - six shooters.  Here's a few of them...Leatherbelly (Canvasback), Hatchet jack Bradford, and Darrell and Kim.  Nicest weather so far this year.  Darrell shot a big black bear this week with his .50 cal.  Sorry no pics - wasn't with him!!

D. Taylor Sapergia

California Kid

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 06:29:07 AM »
The Donner Party finally escaped the snow!!!!!!

xring2245

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »
Love the pics.  Thanks for sharing.

James

Harnic

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:17 AM »
Thanks for the pictures again Taylor!  Roy looks like he's enjoying that rifle WAY too much!  ;)