Author Topic: Muzzleloader shoots near Vancouver Wa  (Read 4453 times)

FRJ

Muzzleloader shoots near Vancouver Wa
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:56:00 AM »
If anyone knows of some shoots in the Vancouver Washington area I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell me about them. Thanks, Frank

Charlie

Re: Muzzleloader shoots near Vancouver Wa
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:40:56 AM »
Check the Washington State Muzzleloaders website,it has a very complete listing of clubs Statewide with their club shoot days.The site lists Rendys some in Oregon close to you.

FRJ

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply Charlie, I did check on the Washington state site and there are no shoots within 2hours plus of my front door. Guess I'll just shoot alone. Frank

Offline Kermit

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
Frank, keep asking.

When I bought my first, a TC Renegade, about 35 years ago, I knew no one else with a frontstuffer. I asked around, at finally a fellow at the shop where I bought the gun told me of a group called the Mount Baker Long Rifles, but he didn't have any contact names. I kept up the search. One Friday as I was driving home from work, I came up behind a small motorhome with a rear mounted spare with a cover that had a painting of the mountain, crossed longrifles, and "MBLR" written across the bottom. I knew I had my connection, and resolved to follow him as far as need be to talk to him. A few miles further he pulled into a country grocery's parking lot, and I had him! I got an immediate invitation to join them in a weekend shoot that it turned out was about a 10 minute drive from my house. I shot with those guys for years, until my job took me away. They are still there, small and unknown, shooting once a month. Somewhere out there is a club like them for you.

Since you are in SW Washington, I'd head for Fort Vancouver or Fort Clatsop, and ask the folks there. You'll find them, I know you will.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Rowland

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:37:32 AM »
Frank, I am a member of the Puget Sound Free Trappers and we are having our last monthly shoot of the season this coming Saturday at the Capitol City Rifle and Pistol Club in Littlerock, WA.  That is about 90 miles north of you up I-5, well under 2 hours (even if you drive at the speed limit).  You are welcome to shoot with us.  The fun starts at 0830 and blanket prizes will be provided by the club.  Come on up.

We also have a weekend long shoot coming in July as part of the Tenino Oregon Trail Days celebration.  That one is a lot of fun, with camping and a big pig roast and potluck.

Directions to CCRPC (Driving north on I-5):
Take exit 95 "Littlerock/Maytown;"
turn left at the end of the exit ramp;
go under the I-5 overpass to stop sign and turn right onto Maytown Rd.;
go 2.8 miles to Littlerock,
take the sharp left bend in town, go 1.5 miles further;
Club is on the left.

PM me if you need more information.

Dave Faletti

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 01:50:41 AM »
There is a monthly match at Tri County gun club in Sherwood OR. There is also a club out at Sandy but I don't know their name.

Offline Kermit

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 03:33:57 AM »
...and that's just a start!  ;D
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Charlie

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »
Google Rifle Ranges in Washington State,scroll down to Clark Co.There are some listed,Iwould contact them and ask about Muzzleloaders.Iwould try the same thing for the Portland Area. There is a muzzleloader supply shop in the Portland Area a Phone book might help find them.If all else fails contact the gun works emporium in Springfield Or.I think they know every club from Canada to Mexico on the west coast.They have a website.Good luck.

Charlie

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 06:52:30 AM »
It came to me The store near portland i muzzleloading and more phone 503-695-5970.