Author Topic: Eastern Pennsylvania Shoots - PHOTOS POSTED  (Read 5497 times)

xring2245

Eastern Pennsylvania Shoots - PHOTOS POSTED
« on: May 05, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »
     There are several shoots being held in eastern Pennsylvania over the next two weekends.
     There are three this weekend.  Lancaster County Longrifles will be hosting their rendezvous with a wide variety of shooting events today through Saturday.  Blue Mountain is shooting on Saturday, and First Frontier Militia is shooting on Sunday.
     Brandywine Longrifles will be shooting next Saturday, 14 May.
     I will be shooting at First Frontier Militia on Sunday and Brandywine next Saturday.  I will post photos from both events.
     If anyone has photos from any of these events, please post here.

Thanks,
James
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:57:46 AM by xring2245 »

zimmerstutzen

Re: Eastern Pennsylvania Shoots
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
The Tomahawks have a match on Sunday May 15, 2011

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqx0dc/tomahawksblackpowderclub2/id11.html

Any club that is located on PICKLE ROAD, outside of a village named LUCKY, is special.

xring2245

Re: Eastern Pennsylvania Shoots
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
The Tomahawks have a match on Sunday May 15, 2011

Please post photos here if you can.  This thread will be active through then.

xring2245

First Frontier Militia - PHOTOS from 8 May 11 Shoot
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
Here are some photos from yesterday's shoot.  Roger Fisher will have to help fill in some names.

Roger Fisher is letting one off with his "sissy gun" (as he calls it).  Roger shot well, taking a second in the aggregate match, winning the smoothbore match, and winning a few of the reentry matches.

I had to discharge a ball because of oil fouling in the breech.  The ball and patch were reusable.

Which one do I use now?

Randy Still

Roger wasn't very satisfied with this target

xring2245

First Frontier Militia Photos from 8 May 2011
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »
More photos for your enjoyment...

Randy Still posting targets

The tie breaker for the Aggregate Match

$276.00 in groceries were awarded to match winners

Randy and Tim were talking after the shoot. 

Fuzzy Johnson makes and sells shooting boxes.

xring2245

First Frontier Militia Photos 8 May 2011
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
More photos...

Fuzzy Johnson

Larry, Fuzzy, and Tim enjoying the homemade wine after the shoot.  Fuzzy and Tim are winemakers.

Roger awards Wes a prize for winning one of the reentry matches

Next...

Wes and Carl were the big winners of the day.

stone knife

Re: Eastern Pennsylvania Shoots - PHOTOS POSTED
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »
Great pictures, thanks.

Offline bdixon

• F & AM #376.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
You had some wonderful weather for your shoot.  I love the pictures.  I "WILL" make it to one of these events someday!  I will bring the Wife too, "she shoots better than I do"

xring2245

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »
You had some wonderful weather for your shoot.  I love the pictures.  I "WILL" make it to one of these events someday!  I will bring the Wife too, "she shoots better than I do"

Definitely come.  Shoots are second Sunday from March through December.  Bring your wife too.  We have several women who shoot, although they weren't there yesterday.

James

xring2245

Brandywine Longrifles - Shoot Flyer
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »
                                                             At Brandywine Range
                                                                    MAY 14, 2011

Shoot will start at 10am.
                                                     It will be a 25 and 50 yard shoot.
                                   Novelty paper targets only. Patch round ball is required. Iron sights.

All complaints will be dealt with as we see fit.

Lunch and dessert will be provided for those who pay attention to directions.     
                                             Contestants must bring your own beverages.

Prizes will be given down to 4th place
                                                  http://brandywinelongrifles.com/

xring2245

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 12:09:33 AM »
Photos of the 14 May Brandywine Longrifles shoot have been posted on another thread.

Click here http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=15725.0

James
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:07:39 PM by xring2245 »

Offline Collector

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 01:45:26 AM »
Larry, Fuzzy, and Tim enjoying the homemade wine after the shoot.  Fuzzy and Tim are winemakers.

I think that the "Sailor Jerry Rum" bottle makes a perfect container for a homemade Chardonnay!!  ;D  Of course, it's gotta be emptied first... ::)