Author Topic: Muzzleloader Builders Supply  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Herb

Muzzleloader Builders Supply
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:41:31 AM »
I ordered the parts for a left handed fullstock flint muzzleloader from Ryan on Tuesday and got them Saturday.  I had a stock on hand and he did not have a 15/16 x 42" .50 Green Mtn barrel, so I ordered a Rice barrel from them.  That shipped May 16, Monday.  I got an L&R Classic lock, which I used on the last rifle I finished (see "What to Build" by me a page or two down) and liked very much.  Ryan had everything else in stock, including two dozen flints and a .490 Lee mold, which is now made only in double cavity, for $23.  I ordered an H. Lechler brass patch box, which he said he'd cut left handed, and he did!  He has a lot of patch box patterns and I suppose he could cut any of them left handed, if you need one.    I asked about an 1 1/8" flint tang for a .58 Green River Barrel I have and want to build into a fullstock flint.  He does not list one, nor does TOW.  He said the guy that made them hasn't made any for some time, but he told me how to make my own.  Since I don't weld, I may ask him to make me one when I'm ready for it.  He seems very knowledgeable about building MLs and  I like doing business with him.
Herb