Author Topic: Photo test  (Read 2859 times)

Offline heinz

Photo test
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:31:24 AM »
As a result of recent posts  and some encouragement from Dr. Timothy Boone, I am giving this a try.  This was built about 30 years ago and I re-acquired it lately.  AMM iron mounted style of that period.  It was what Easterners in the AMM carried if you didn't have a Hawken.  Most were built by Herschel and were nicer than this :-)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:45:34 AM by heinz »
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

Re: Photo test
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 04:32:38 AM »
Yay! Thanks Dr. Tim!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:45:57 AM by heinz »
kind regards, heinz

Offline bgf

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 06:00:26 AM »
Heinz,
Even if it is a test, that is a nice one to test with; a piece of history.  I suspect you are being modest -- given that the awareness of those originals outside E. Tn. and surrounding areas couldn't have been long established 30 years ago, you must have been on the cutting edge.  The general architecture holds up great; the incised carving behind the cheek is a little different from current trends, though, not surprisingly.  Also, it looks like it has held up well, so that you could go shooting with it tomorrow!

Offline heinz

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »
Thanks Burton.  It is a 50 cal. Douglas  15/16 barrel.  A big old Siler put together from a kit and a berrylium vent hole liner and it shoots very well.  I did several of the infamous 49 4X on the small buffalo target one beef shoot at Friendship.  I will never forget Max Vickery reminding me "a 50 no X beats a 49 4X every time" as he picked up the first place prize. 
kind regards, heinz

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »
Way to go Heinz!!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming