Author Topic: Where are all the shoot photos...?  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Where are all the shoot photos...?
« on: June 03, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
Come on folks we here in East Pennsylvania (with the help of Jim Grimes) have posted photos of our shoots, shot targets, silohuette set ups, firing lines, shooters wet and dry, scoring shantys, etc.  It is interesting to see how other parts of the world set up their shoots, their accuracy, their loading area etc.  We hope to see more of this here...It will help all of us with new and better ideas. :)

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Where are all the shoot photos...?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:48:21 AM »
Roger, good idea. My range is still under construction but will post pics when I can. It would be nice to see others as this could help me  make less mistakes as I build my own. All I have completed for now is the backstop so I have lots of work to do.I will be looking forward to looking over other peoples setups.   Smylee

xring2245

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:51:28 AM »
Yes, Roger, you are correct in saying that more photos are needed on this forum.  I am not sure, however, how many members here actually appreciate seeing photos of our shoots.  I have posted photos from at least six recent shoots and there has only been a minimum number of comments from forum members.  Many of these come from shooters in Canada.   For this reason, I did not bring my camera to Blue Ridge or Garage Rats.

I will try again and bring my camera next weekend to Brandwine where they are hosting a pistol shoot for the June monthly shoot and to First Frontier Militia for the second Sunday monthly shoot (Roger's Club).

Let's see what happenss.

James

chapmans

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:14:06 AM »
Ok Roger you asked for it!

This is Stone's Trace in Indiana.

Ft. Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club

Regards, Steve Chapman

greybeard

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 06:25:36 AM »
Thanks Steve    Great pics and a handsome  lot of shooters.   Bob

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
Thanks Steve. That sure is a nice looking range. Ours has an old trailer , and a ton of money spent on berms, over head baffles etc. Seems the gov't  range inspectors find something else we need to do every time they come. Anyway, looks like a real good time was had. Great photos.

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
Nice ranges - I really like that long loading bench - already got notches for the barrel and for the wiping/loading sticks.  So that's what grass looks like on a range.

Stever you've got some dedicated offhand rifles there, I see.

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 05:58:42 PM »
Our little club "Ft. Osage Muzzleloaders" in Kansas City

The Pistol Shooter

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 02:20:49 AM »
Now that's the stuff we need.  Osage nice and rustic and all clubs pictured have the roof cover reaching over the firing line which is a good thing. Can the shooters at Osage  & Trace find a spot on the line where the rain drops off the roof have a 'gap' or gaps where they can shoot w/o the rain on the rifle?   The boys at Wayne have a rain gutter - a good thing.  The plywood flash guards are excellent.   Bl Mt ML club uses them also.  Portable and locked in the shed between shoots.  Having the loading benches back from the line is a given.

Lots of greybeards out there also.  Same around here.

Thanks for posting and we all look for more.

xring2245

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:39 AM »
OK, guys, thanks for posting.  Love the pics.  Nice range, BTW.  Looks like a lot of $$ and love went into the planning and building of it.

Please keep posting; I want to see more.

James
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:16:08 PM by xring2245 »

Leatherbelly

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 03:21:43 AM »
  Gents,
   One thing I've noticed in these pix. No one shoots from the pouch. LOL. Having all that stuff scattered over the table would confuse me.

Daryl

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
The open area on the primitive range is narrow and not very long, however it provides us with some privacy from the upper range, which has covered firing lines.  Taylor, practising chunk shooting.

Upper range with covered firing lines - Spring of the year.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:56:50 AM by Daryl »

greybeard

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
Taylor should do  a tutorial on how to get back to your feet when shooting a chung gun???

Bob

Offline Simon

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 01:20:07 AM »
The open area on the primitive range is narrow and not very long, however it provides us with some privacy from the upper range, which has covered firing lines.  Taylor, practising chunck shooting.

Upper range with covered firing lines - Spring of the year.

Daryl is that a target or a live deer in the picture?
Mel Kidd

Daryl

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 02:58:03 AM »
That be a live deer, muley by the looks of her, about 65 yards out.