Author Topic: Beloit Blackpowder Club  (Read 4712 times)

Offline jim meili

• Wisconsin Muzzle Loading Association
Beloit Blackpowder Club
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
Here's a few photos from some past shoots at the Beloit Wisconsin Rifle and Pistol Club.

Chunk gun shooters

Then there is good ol Louie, 95 and still out shooting...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:57:06 PM by jim meili »

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: Beloit Blackpowder Club
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »
Excellent photos and shows a well fed bunch of greybeards.  Great to see the various chunks on the line and the safety efforts (plank safety fence going in)

Our congratulations to Louis.  Our uncle Ollie shot with us on Sunday at age 97.  Altho he had to go back home (1/2 Mile) to get the right rifle... ;D

I like that range 'Open' sign.  We use a loud voice..... ::)

Notice how neat and a lack of trash at your range.  Garbage attracts more garbarge.

Offline jim meili

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »
Thanks for the nice compliments Roger. These are a great bunch of guys to shoot with. And yes, safety is a primary concern. They always have a range officer run the shoots. Really everyone is a range officer these days, all a club needs is one accident where someone gets hurt and it's all over for the club.
Another thing I like about these guys is that alcohol is absent when shooting is going on. It's not even a concern. That doesn't mean they are t-totalers but like myself will enjoy a nice bit of bourbon when the shooting is done.

Harnic

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »
Thanks for posting Jim!  Good looking range & a nice group of shooters!  Wish I had as many to shoot with here.  Muzzle loaders aren't as popular in this neck of the woods.  Oh well, I still have fun distracting all my modern shooting buddies with reams of smoke & a much gentler muzzle report.  ;)

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 11:38:16 PM »
Good pictures, tks.

xring2245

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:08:38 AM »
Thanks for the pics.  Hope to see more as we get into the summer and fall.

James

bob243

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
Nice Pics Jim,  thanks for posting..     Am I going to see you at Jim Towne in Aug?

Offline rudyc

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
Great pictures Jim, lots of greybeards eh? The Beloit Club is a great place to shoot.

rudyc
"It's a good day for something"

Offline jim meili

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 09:19:16 PM »
Thanks guys for the compliments.

Bob, I will probably be to the Jim Towne Shoot on August 20th. You do know that this year it will be a 10 shot WMLA sanctioned chunk shoot? Paul still wants to call it by it's old name.
Jim

bob243

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 06:34:40 AM »
Thanks guys for the compliments.

Bob, I will probably be to the Jim Towne Shoot on August 20th. You do know that this year it will be a 10 shot WMLA sanctioned chunk shoot? Paul still wants to call it by it's old name.
Jim

Yes,  10 shot this year..   and Sunday is a Program B If I remember right..