Author Topic: Good Showing For NMLRA Monthly Postal Matches  (Read 3671 times)

Candle Snuffer

Good Showing For NMLRA Monthly Postal Matches
« on: October 23, 2008, 06:54:45 AM »
Just came back from the NMLRA website and checking out the Monthly Postal Shoot scores for 2008 that run from May through October, and I must say that I'm impressed with the participation they have gotten this year, and in past years as well.  To date (September's Match) the NMLRA has had 70+ shooters per month since May, and one month there was 80+ participants.

I don't think that's to bad.  In fact I think they're doing alright with these matches in helping to raise money for the Youth Program.  I'm sorry I missed the first two months (May & June) but I did complete the rest (July, August, September, & October) and even got in on the annual National Postal Match.

Sure, the NMLRA Youth Program could always use more support, and that's with all programs as far as that's concerned.  I'd kind of like to see them run the Monthly Postal Matches from March through October.  I enjoyed taking those 5 monthly offhand shots from 25 yards with the knowledge I was helping out our youth in this sport with my $3.00 dollar donation each month.  Both time and money well spent. :)

Offline Alan Gommel

Re: Good Showing For NMLRA Monthly Postal Matches
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:49:35 AM »
I would like to se the dates expanded also, I look forward to shooting the match  each month. It's a good cause so I chip in a few extra bucks each month.
Alan

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 10:02:39 PM »
I would like to se the dates expanded also, I look forward to shooting the match  each month. It's a good cause so I chip in a few extra bucks each month.

I think I'll send off an email to the NMLRA and see if they would consider expanding the
monthly postal shoot.  Couldn't hurt. :)

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »
Here's what I sent to the NMLRA;

If I may, I would like to suggest that our Monthly Postal Shoot be expanded.  Perhaps from May through October -to- "March through October."

I would also like to suggest a 2 target - 10 shot program for each month, 5 shots each target - offhand from 25 yards.

I think it would be just as easy for us who shoot the monthly to run the extra targets needed.

I don't think the extra expense would be that great,,, and it's possible we might get more participation (not that we don't have a good showing now,,, I just feel we could always do better).

I feel expanding to a 100 point monthly aggregate it allows us more shooting opportunities.

Thanks for allowing me to make this suggestion.  I'll still continue my support of the monthly's as often as I can regardless of what is decided.

Member# xxxxxx 

straightshooter1

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 03:51:39 AM »
I'll bring it up at the Board of Directors Meeting in Friendship on Dec 13th.
I think it's a good idea to expand it.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:07:22 AM »
Thanks Straightshooter1, appreciate it. :)