Author Topic: Need help identifying this rifle  (Read 2887 times)

WildEagle

Need help identifying this rifle
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:04:51 AM »
I would like some help to find out what ,who or the time period of this rifle if possable. The rifle  barrel is 47 3/4 inches in length it is 64 inches over all in length. There are two crowns with crossed swords  and the name LONDON on the barrel . the lock is W ketland and Co. it is smooth bore with a full length stock and a hand wittled ram rod  all wood no metal on the ram rod . If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks WildEagle[
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:16:16 AM by WildEagle »

Offline Collector

Re: Need help identifying this rifle
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »
Hi WildEagle and welcome to the Forums.

I'm trying the whole Jedi thing, but I just can't see anything... so, either there is some commercial interference in The Force tonight, or I'm out of calibration -  :P

Photos please...  :)

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »
Welcome WildEagle!!   Check out this tutorial to learn how to post pictures on this site

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=10.0
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:39:44 PM »
WildEagle,

Welcome to ALR.  Are you asking about the rifle pictured in your profile?  Unfortunately that picture is too small to be of much help.  If you can post some pictures, full length and closeups, especially of the lock and all barrel markings, the folks here will be better equipped to offer opinions.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie