Author Topic: Craft Jackson Long Rifles  (Read 2676 times)

JohnJackson

Craft Jackson Long Rifles
« on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:07 AM »
I'm John Jackson, and I came into the ALR forums through the back door with genealogy.

Long Rifle Gun maker, Craft Jackson of the Jamestown (NC) school, was my ggggrandfather. I would be interested in acquiring any long rifle he made. In addition, I would be interested in any information on his genealogy. I will also post his family genealogy on this site in the near future.

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Re: Craft Jackson Long Rifles
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:10 AM »
John, welcome to the ALR.  I think you would want to post this in the antique collecting section, as we're talking a long time ago.  I think everyone here will be looking forward to what you have to add.  Could you add some more info as to region, and time frame for your triple great grandfather.  Don't tease us. ;D

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
Re: Craft Jackson Long Rifles
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
Welcome to ALR - you are in the right place.  

Craft Jackson is a well documented Guilford/Jamestown North Carolina gunmaker.  We are fortunate to have an expert on his work who frequents this board - Michael Briggs.  Mr. Briggs has a series of writeups on North Carolina longrifles in the "Virtual Museum" section of this website and has some great information on Craft Jackson.  There are also several of his rifles shown in Mr. Briggs books on North Carolina rifles and in Bill Ivey's book on North Carolina rifles.  

(Just did a search - here is the Craft Jackson rifle info in the Museum:

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.new

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=3085.0

Perhaps Mr. Briggs can add some thoughts.   He's who you want to talk to with any questions on Piedmont North Carolina rifles and Craft Jackson in particular.

Good luck

Guy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:42:43 PM by G-Man »