General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

Ian's Rifle

(1/5) > >>

Ken G:
Ian,
Is the rifle on Art Risers blogspot the one you had at Friendship?  Outstanding work! 
Ken

http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/

Roy S.:
Thats a fine gun. 

Dr. Tim-Boone:

--- Quote from: Roy S. on July 01, 2008, 04:07:32 PM ---Thats a fine gun. 

--- End quote ---

Oh...Yeah!!     How early do you suppose a gun like that could have been made???

Ian Pratt:
I have heard of rifles like this being made as early as October of last year, although some sources claim September. Personally I don't remember, It's all a blur
I am glad you guys like it, that is the one that was up in the gun makers hall Ken. I tried to sell it for a while but the trigger pull is on the short side for most people.

We had sold my wife's .32 a while back and had never replaced it, she really liked this one so we decided to keep it.

I didn't base this on any one particular gun, I'd  guess something like this might be 1820's

Dr. Tim-Boone:
Phew, ........Boy am I glad you got around to that date!!   I am interested in trying to pin down when (How early) the "typical Mountain rifle began to appear on the scene. Michael Briggs NC guns sort of look like the end of one period and your rifle looks like solidly in the new era.......but I know from nothing!

Thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version