Author Topic: Dixons gun fair  (Read 17415 times)

Offline B.Habermehl

Re: Dixons gun fair
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »
There are two campgrounds nearby. Robbins nest and Blue rocks. I normally stay at Robbins nest, They have a pool to cool off in after the show and before cooking dinner.  BJH
BJH

J1776

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 03:49:06 AM »
Who's bringing rifle stocks, anyone on the ALR???

I need English Walnut for a club butt fowler,...see my needs (link) if you have anything!!   ;D ;D ;D

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=17270.0

Man,  I can't wait for this show,...I'll be the guy with the notepad taking notes and getting my hands dirty as much as possible!
What time in the am does it get kicked off?

J1776

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »
Mike Barton and Wayne Dunlap are usually there.  Contact them and see if they'll bring what you want.

Perfect,..will do!

LehighBrad

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 04:33:33 AM »
My vacation day has been marked off the calender at work a month ago already!! Friday's at the riflemakers fair are the days I prefer to go....have not missed one for the last 7 or 8 years now. When I see how far some fellas have to travel to attend I feel real lucky....I'm only one hour west just north of Harrisburg......I've even been know to drive out twice...Friday AND Saturday. Got my longriflemans wide brim hat all ready to go...keeps the eyes shaded and the head cooler....or protects the noggin and shoulders from the rain. A few years back I should've had hip boots on....every tent seemed to have ankle deep water in them!! That was one hellacious rain storm that year! ;D

Offline Blackpowder Barbie

• Jim Chambers Flintlocks
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
Do your looking, and pricing on Saturday, and buy early on Sunday morning. 

A wise birdie might suggest not waiting until Sunday to buy parts this year.  With rifle kits on a 3 month wait, barrels on a wait time of 4 month to 3 years, and locks being scarce I'd snatch up what I need (or think I might need, you can always sell it on here later) while the supplies last! 

Just an observation from a daily participant.   ;)
Barbie Chambers-Phillips

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
It's a wonder the Fair isn't this weekend, hope this 100 degree weather gets out of here by next week.   :(
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

LURCHWV@BJS

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 07:58:17 PM »
Beggining to look as though I'll have to miss this year. :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Really wanted to be there.  I relize the CLA show is another fantastic place to go,not to mention closer.  I really fall in love with Dixon's last year.  Great people.  Great time

Rich

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 04:21:49 AM »
I really wanted to go to Dixon's this year too.  There is so much to see and do, and I especially wanted to handle one of Allen Martin's guns.  He had a Schimmel at CLA last year that was amazing.  I thought it might work, but I guess there is always next year.  I can go to CLA though.  I look forward to seeing all of you there.

Regards, Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
Oh goody, I needn't have worried, the long range forecast says the heat will be back by next weekend, 97-98 with thunderstorms.  Ahhh, good times.   ::)
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

Offline James

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »
I am unable to make it this year, is it usually the last weekend of July?
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
I am unable to make it this year, is it usually the last weekend of July?

It is always the last FULL weekend in July.
Dave

Offline James

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »
Thank you David. My calendar is duly marked 27-29 July 2012.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline Pat_Cameron

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 02:56:25 AM »
Won't be there this year. I have sciatica so bad I can hardly walk most days.
I was at a gun show last Friday and only lasted 15 minutes.
Have an appointment with a surgeon on Aug 09th and hope to be fixed
up by hunting season if all goes well.

Pat Cameron
AMERICAN LONGHUNTER
Seasoned woodsmen that depend on skill and knowledge to lead them to a successful hunt rather than the crutch of modern technology

http://www.americanlonghunter.com

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 03:52:39 AM »
Pat,

Hope you feel better...  My 84 year old Dad just got over a bout of sciatica.  He said it was some of the worst pain he's ever experienced.  Best of luck.

Ed
Ed Wenger