Author Topic: my matchlock  (Read 4688 times)

blunderbuss

my matchlock
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:01:31 AM »
This is a matchlock I am making .44 cal smoothbore with the story of creation on it

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:04:34 AM by blunderbuss »

greybeard

Re: my matchlock
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »
Now thats looking really fine.    (more pics)??
   Bob

blunderbuss

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:30 AM »
Now thats looking really fine.    (more pics)??
   Bob
I'm darn luckey to get that one up. I'm no Alfred Einstine when it comes to computers

Offline horseman

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:20:25 AM »
 You may not be an A. E. with a computer, but it looks as if you don't have to take a back seat when it comes to building a matchlock.  Looks very nice.

blunderbuss

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »
I made a German cheek wheelock too I'll see it I can post it ,hang on

Odd Fellow

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:15:32 AM »
very nice!

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
Blunderbuss...congratulations on two significant achievements.  All my life it has been my plan to have a representative firearm from each stage in the evolution.  Perhaps I can make it happen yet.  I have a wheellock, flint (many) and percussion stuff.  It's a pleasure to see your work, and that of the young fellow and his snaphaunce.  The decoration on these interesting guns is a worthy project in itself.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

blunderbuss

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »
Blunderbuss...congratulations on two significant achievements.  All my life it has been my plan to have a representative firearm from each stage in the evolution.  Perhaps I can make it happen yet.  I have a wheellock, flint (many) and percussion stuff.  It's a pleasure to see your work, and that of the young fellow and his snaphaunce.  The decoration on these interesting guns is a worthy project in itself.

Last year I made a barrel on a stick so I'm about as far back as one can go with firearms .I hold the match in a split twig . I guess I'll have to start on cross bows. I do have another wheelock about ready(different style) but need some thick spring stock to finish it

Offline Paddlefoot

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 01:06:15 AM »
Nice dulcimer too. Did you build it?
The nation that makes great distinction between it's warriors and it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools. King Leonidas of Sparta

blunderbuss

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 01:25:13 AM »
I'd like to tell you Yes I built it !!!.... but ... I didn't I'd like to shake the person's hand that did, though who ever that is. It's a baritone dulcimer and the sound is really great.