Author Topic: my wheelock and me  (Read 128062 times)

Rasch Chronicles

Re: my wheelock and me
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2011, 05:13:33 AM »
Just call me Mr Research!

It's actually one of the things I do rather well, find obscure information.

Now I have a favor to ask of someone. When this post is done, will someone copy it in its entirety, and make it a PDF?
Then send it to me so I can actually see it!!!

LOL!!!

No, seriously.

Best regards,
Albert “The Afghan” Rasch
Traditional Methods of Waterproofing Fabric
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Offline Glenn

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2011, 05:39:52 AM »
Albert are you talking about Razspla's build or the metals information you posted?
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

welafong1

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2011, 06:22:17 AM »
hi
if you tell me how to make this a pdf file and send it to you. i will. all so why do you want a pdf file? if i my ask?

Richard Westerfield
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:33:56 AM by Richard Westerfield »

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:27 AM »
Fellows,

You guys are too kind!

I mean the whole post when it's done, if its not too big that is... I can always get it when I go home though, now that I think about it.

Using a pdf format is great because it makes a stand alone copy. If you just copy and paste to an email for instance, it still has to access the server the original resides on in order for you to see it. So, in essence, I won't be able to see it here!

If for instance there is a post that you really like, you can copy it for your files that way too. I wish I had been able to do that with Mr Okie's post before it was edited, because there were a lot of really great comments that were just as informative as the post itself.

But don't worry, this one could be like Mr Okie's, and way too long  to impose on you fellows to create a PDF or Word doc. I'll get it when I get home.

Now back to the wheelock, before I get in trouble with the Mods again... :P

Your friend,
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles™

Offline Glenn

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
I save these in a special folder in Yahoo as a specific link.  What I can do is copy to WORD, but never done that before.  The other post(s) you did on the metals was saved also.  THANKS !!!
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

raszpla

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »

« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 04:02:22 PM by Tim Crosby »

raszpla

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2011, 06:41:13 AM »
krzywizny zespołu 0ś koła - promień przykrywy panewki tylko banalnie wygladają ale TUTAJ POMYŁKA KOSZTUJE I SMAKUJE BEZUŻYTECZNYM MECHANIZMEM! promień pokrywy panewki powinien byc z kutej sprężynowej stali!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:17:42 AM by raszpla »

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2011, 08:08:57 AM »
And that translates to:

0s (?) band curvature radius of the wheel-pan lid,

but look, the only costly Mistake COST HERE AND makes MECHANISM useless!

Cover pan radius should be of forged spring steel!

Albert

raszpla

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2011, 09:14:40 AM »
I can not verify your translation ( ja nie mogę zweryfikować Twojego tłumaczenia ). What I wrote is very important ( to co napisałem jest bardzo ważne! )This content left, should be precisely translated ( ta treśc powina byc precyzyjnie przetłumaczona! ). the translated version I do not understand! ( ja nie rozumiem tej wersji tłumaczenia )

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
Raszpla,

That's what I got from Google translate! Sure could use some help from a human translator! I thought it looked wrong, but I could not infer what you meant.

Best regards,
Albert

Thom

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
Google Translate can be pretty lame for many languages.

Thom

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
Hey Raszpla,

Spechen sie Deutch?

I am fairly certain several members speak it, and it might make help some. Just a thought.

Thanks!
Albert

blunderbuss

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2011, 06:43:03 PM »
Hey Raszpla,

Spechen sie Deutch?

I am fairly certain several members speak it, and it might make help some. Just a thought.

Thanks!
Albert
Sprechen sie deutsch? ( Albert spelled it wrong)Wir kann ist besser verstehen als Polish

welafong1

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2011, 02:12:57 AM »
i emailed "raszpla

a blue print with dimensions
would be 0f great help
thank you
Richard Westerfield

bule* druk (odbitka) z rozmiarami byłby jest wielkiej pomocy

Dziękują

Richard Westerfield

his reply

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
raszpla

Re: my wheelock and me« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »

Plans are third-rate importance!

is a basic skill:
1.) Get the dimensions of relations with the proportion. (you know the radius of the circle (r)-already know the other dimensions!)
2.)necessarily need to practice, hone lock rolled connections - riveted (load in the mechanism of reaching more than 100 Kg of force)
3.) raise their skills hardening steel

its hard for me to figure what he is talking about there is some thing missing in the translaion

Get the dimensions of relations with the proportion. (you know the radius of the circle (r)-already know the other dimensions!)

how do you  figure what is not known ? the radius of the circle i dont know

thanks for your ear

Richard Westerfield

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:03:39 AM by Richard Westerfield »

Thom

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2011, 03:25:34 AM »
I assumed He was talking about proportions, but I've never built a Wheel Lock I think I'm sure starting to think that I would like to.
Thom

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:59 AM »
I think what he means is that the dimensions are flexible. If you have the wheel's radius, that determines where everything else lies with respect to the wheel. The size/relationship of the other parts determine their size/position etc.

I think...

Best regards,
Traditional Methods of Waterproofing Fabric
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

raszpla

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
it seems to me that you begin to understand  :)

raszpla

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2011, 09:47:27 AM »

blunderbuss

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
The way I built mine I started with a plate and wheel and reasoned that if the wheel goes in this place then the pan has to be fit in it's place in relation to the wheel ,which means the pan covers's location is determined also and so on. I will admit I had a few "spare" parts when I got finished having to make some more than once to get the correct fit. I think having pictures to go by makes it easier If you make one of these you'll see things on down the line, in the pictures, that you didn't see at first, every angle is important. The flipping open of that pan is all important it has to open ASAP and the wheel has to turn 3/4 of a turn other wise you'll run out of rotation before the pyrite has time to contact the wheel. That little wheel spins fast with that big spring and it has to be timed.
 To make a simpler wheelock make one that has a manual opening pan like a matchlock the first wheelocks had that type until someone figured out how to improve on it. That way the wheel doesn't have to turn the 3/4 turn and timing isn't critical
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:38:58 AM by blunderbuss »

raszpla

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »

welafong1

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »

if this goes in to Tutorials i hope it stays in its present form and does not get edited please the same thing for the okie boy chock gun
thank you
Richard Westerfield

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2011, 07:49:04 AM »
Hi Raszpla,
Your diagrams are very, very helpful.  You are very generous with your time and knowledge and we are benefitting immensely from this tour de force.

Thank you,

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »
I concur with Mr Westerfield.

There is a world of information in the comments that are very helpful. Even the tangential commentaries and the following discussions are incredibly informative. Editing them too hard loses that affiliated information and makes for a less in depth series in my opinion.

Best Regards,
Albert “Afghanus” Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles™: George Washington, President and Fisherman
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

raszpla

« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »

raszpla

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2011, 06:58:46 PM »