Author Topic: banjo primer done  (Read 5862 times)

eseabee1

banjo primer done
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:02 PM »
well I got the banjo primer done today

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:22:27 PM by eseabee1 »

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: banjo primer done
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:36:38 PM »
 Ed, That is Super, I have never seen one before. The carving looks good too. Is that a gasket next to it?

Tim C.

eseabee1

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:45:25 PM »
Ed, That is Super, I have never seen one before. The carving looks good too. Is that a gasket next to it?

Tim C.
yes I made one out of some sheet copper I had its air tight without it but makes it easier to get the spout out

Ahtuwisae

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:54:16 PM »
very nice Ed.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »

Tim C.
yes I made one out of some sheet copper I had its air tight without it but makes it easier to get the spout out

Good idea. I wonder how a leather gasket soaked in hot Bee's wax would work? Maybe undersized and threaded on the tip so it won't get lost.

Tim C.

eseabee1

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:02:30 AM »
Thats a better idea I will have to see if I have some leather laying aroundthanks Tim

Offline Kermit

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »
Nice, Ed. I've seen them with the ends turned in wood and the circular body made of horn. Also seen wooden spouts. Lots of combinations possible. Would be interesting to see one entirely of horn. Just sayin'......

Of all the priming containers out there, I think these "banjo" thingies are about the coolest.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline alyce-james

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
Ed; Banjo primer, great item. Thanks, Turkeyfooter.
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

eseabee1

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:07 PM »
Nice, Ed. I've seen them with the ends turned in wood and the circular body made of horn. Also seen wooden spouts. Lots of combinations possible. Would be interesting to see one entirely of horn. Just sayin'......

Of all the priming containers out there, I think these "banjo" thingies are about the coolest.

I have tried one made of horn in the past but the horn was to thin may have to try one again now that I have some thicker horns

brokenflint

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 11:19:31 PM »
Very cool, nice work eseabee1. Anyone have a link to originals, I've never seen one of these before, but they sure are neat looking.   Esea keep at em!!

seesbirds

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 06:31:18 AM »
Nicely Done Ed!

eseabee1

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
Thanks all

LURCHWV@BJS

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »
Wow,I like it.  I have to laugh at myself, when first you posted anything about this I was thinking you were building a stringed instrument ..  I posted that I would love to hear it.   Ha ha.

Rich