Author Topic: NMLRA Min. Teritorial shoot this weekend  (Read 2588 times)

Offline smylee grouch

NMLRA Min. Teritorial shoot this weekend
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:00:57 AM »
Lots of different matches to shoot and a real nice range. Should be a great shoot put on by a great bunch of guys and gals.

Offline satwel

Re: NMLRA Min. Teritorial shoot this weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »
Are you referring to Saratoga, NY? I shot there on Saturday and had a great time. Weather was great -- not as windy as years past.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:59:34 AM »
NMLRA also holds a territorial this coming weekend Bl Mt ML Club Shartlesville, Pa hope to see you there.  Forecast nice and in low 80's.

Offline stuart cee dub

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:00:03 AM »
It was a great shoot .
The new range up at Harris MN could serve as a model for black powder specific ranges
around the country .The benches are laid out parallel to the range itself so shooters don't have to walk around a perpendicular bench (to the shooting lanes )with a loaded but uncapped/ primed gun.

The guys who built the range told me that they got the idea in part from range where the Iowa Territorial shoot takes place and served as a model as did the ranges at Friendship .
The cartridge shooters at that club may not get it but it sure makes for a safe and easy range to shoot at for muzzleloaders .

The kids who did show up were all winners ,one was an exceptional shot  .

Jack,Peter, and Bob upheld the honor of Iowa and did very well .Think I will have to make a mule ear lock gun like Jack had .Anyone have a an old Dale Storey lock they want to sell ?

Thanks To Rick R. , Rut who did most of the range officering ,Jim who made a great dinner and the other range officers .
Regards ,Stuart
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:19:23 AM by stuart cee dub »

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »
Stuart is right on, the guys and gals that did all the work did a great job. Especialy since the weekend before the range suffered a devistating mother nature rage. My hats off to everyone who helped in whatever capacity.    Smylee