Author Topic: Misc. Recipes  (Read 3307 times)

Offline KentSmith

• Augusta Gunworks
Misc. Recipes
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
http://www.basiccarpentrytechniques.com/French%20Polishing%20and%20Enamelling/French%20Polishing%20and%20Enamelling%2010.html

Some may have seen this before in their travels through the web.  Today was my first.  Might be something of interest here.  Varnishes, etc.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Misc. Recipes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »
There are a couple in there that I would like to try but I don't know what dry Rose Pink or strong 96 vinegar is. Anyone know where there is a cross reference to today's names? I tried Google and didn't find anything.

Dennis
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:12:20 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »
There are a couple in there that I would like to try but I don't know what dry Rose Pink or strong 96 vinegar. Anyone know where there is a cross reference to today's names? I tried Google and didn't find anything.
Dennis

I think the numbers are page numbers (?).

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline Glenn

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:57 AM »
Thanks for posting this.  I never would've been able to track all this down.
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:07:16 AM »
Anyone know where there is a cross reference to today's names?
Have you looked in the back of a Dixie Gunworks catalog?  Seems they had a list.

I think the numbers are page numbers (?).
Correct....just a poor job of transcription.  They probably scanned the original and ran it thru an OCR.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Hey Fellows,

If you go to the main page there are also a few dozen other books that may be of interest to you!

http://www.basiccarpentrytechniques.com/

Albert