Author Topic: Just completed  (Read 6085 times)

Berks Liberty

Just completed
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
It seemed like this horn just wouldn't go away.  It took me way too much time to complete with my busy schedule.  You ever have a project that just won't go away?  This was the one for me.  The customer was surprised with all of the artwork on it.  It will be nice to see his face when I hand it to him.  He pretty much let me do what came to my head.  Hope you all like it. 

LURCHWV@BJS

Re: Just completed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:45:20 PM »
Jason,

Very nice.  Love the tip area, would love to use you're idea sometime. 

Rich

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
Jealous!
Andover, Vermont

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
From here it looks like your customer is a lucky guy. Nice looking horn.   Smylee

ajrd

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
a very good piece of equipment.very good work

arnaud

Offline alyce-james

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »
Jason; Good looking horn and art work. Your customer, I'm sure will be proud to carry this horn often. Thanks for the pictures. Turkeyfooter.
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 09:37:19 PM »
 Nice work, the carving is well done and is well designed.

Tim C.

ravenfeeder

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
Nice work!

Ahtuwisae

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »
Nice Horn Jason!  I thought you had thrown in the towel as I had not heard form you in so long....

Love the scrim!

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 04:32:19 AM »
You did big.  :)
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Berks Liberty

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »
Thanks for the great comments!  Maybe my next one won't take so long.  But I have a rifle to get going on.  thanks again.

Jason

Rasch Chronicles

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »
The horn as a whole is excellant; I love the crazy eyed sun, and the little nicks you put in the staples. I am very partial to map horns especially, and I like all the different designs on this one!

Best Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
I Would Rather Hunt, Than be Hunted!

Berks Liberty

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »
The horn as a whole is excellant; I love the crazy eyed sun, and the little nicks you put in the staples. I am very partial to map horns especially, and I like all the different designs on this one!

Best Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
I Would Rather Hunt, Than be Hunted!

Thanks Rasch!  The map is of the area where the customer hunts.  My wife gave me the idea to use the border around the map like you were looking through a looking glass so I ran some of the streams and creeks outside the border and made them smaller.  That is why I didn't name any of the creeks and streams outside the looking glass.  Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated!

Jason

rbergum95

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 02:14:03 AM »
As I am the customer that this horn was made for let me first say that yes i am lucky to call this one my own. Jason delivered it to me just this afternnon. Jason is a long time friend of mine and is becoming a very accomplished horner and rifle maker. When i first commissioned theis horn oh so many moons ago i gave him pretty much carte blanche to do with it as he pleased with a few very minor exceptions. The only things that i asked to be incorporated were that i wanted my name somewhere on the horn, a carved and dyed neck, iron staple attatchment points, antique finish and that it would be personally signed by him so everyone who saw it would know exactly who created it. Everything else was left for him to do as he please, style, carvings, etc. A short time after I asked him to make the horn, I recieved a message again asking what i would like on it. Again i told him to do with it what he pleased. And as he is such a great friend the reply came with a threat to scrimshaw little pink bunnies and male genital organs onto it. Only a true friend could threaten such a thing. A few days ago Jason sent me the piucs of the completed horn and i was completely taken aback. It surpassed all expectations. I have to say that the pics dont really do this horn justice, it looks far better in person. A truly excellent execution. I see a great number of hunts in my future with this horn at my side. Now all I have to do is design and build a pouch to accompany the horn. Lets see just how long that takes.........

Many thanks,

Ron Bergum Jr.

Horner75

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 04:39:27 AM »
Jason, Good craftsmanship take time! ... Your horn looks good!

Rick