Author Topic: Looking for information on a D Danison rifle  (Read 5011 times)

Offline gibster

Looking for information on a D Danison rifle
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »
Does anyone have any information on D Dansion?  My brother recently bought a rifle with his signature that was supposed to be made in 1968.  It has a Dougles barrel with a large Siler Flintlock.  German Silver mounts and is a really nice rifle.  We are just trying to find out any information on the maker.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Gibster

don getz

Re: Looking for information on a D Danison rifle
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »
Gibby.....are you sure the name is "Danison".....could it be "Davison" ?    There is a Don Davison down in Tenn. who builds a lot of guns, and has been at it for a long time.........Don

Offline gibster

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 02:33:02 AM »
Thanks for the info.  The name appears to be D Danison engraved in script on the barrel.  Here is a picture of the signiture.  I guess that what I am seeing as an "n" could be a "v".  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

don getz

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 07:40:17 AM »
Gibby....don't know for sure.....it looks like it could be "Davison"...I have looked at a lot of his guns but don't recall how
he signed them.   He used to be at Friendship all the time and I sold him a lot of barrels over the years.   The fact that
it has silver, or german silver, hardware would fit right in on the guns that he built.   He used to set up near the commercial area at Friendship, just across the ditch, by the lower bridge that crosses the ditch, near Leroy Fleenor,
Dru Hedgcock, and that bunch of guys.........Don

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »
I agree. Given the way he formed the N at the end of his name, I see the sig as being Davison.
John
John Robbins

Offline gibster

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »
Thanks Don. Now that I look at it again, the "n" at the end of the  name doesn't look the same as what we took to be an "n" in the middle of the name, but rather a "v".  I found a reference to a Don Davison at the Unaka Rod & Gun Club in Johnson City Tennessee being dressed in Buckskins for a benefit.  Could be the same guy.  I will contact the Club and see if there is any contact information for him.  Thanks again.
Gibster

Madcaster

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 06:22:51 AM »
 Is this gun for sale?