Author Topic: Shcitzlinger Louden Boomer  (Read 4301 times)

Ohioan

Shcitzlinger Louden Boomer
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:55:49 PM »
You may have seen the pictures of this gun in the Lodi Show Thread.  There is a picture of Lew holding this gun. (http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=1288.0) It's a K Gauge and was built by Ken Netting.  The load is 450 grains of Fg followed by a wad and then 4 oz of shot.  The ball would weigh over half a pound.  It reminds me of a trade gun stock, with a cannon barrel on it.  He offered to let me shoot it, but I was too big of a chicken.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src=" ">

IF that doesn't work to embed it, then here :
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:01:34 AM by Ohioan »

Harnic

Re: Shcitzlinger Louden Boomer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »
Ouch!

Daryl

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
Formidable!  Did you blokes know that S. Zihn (of this site) has just completed a 2 bore "rifle" for a fellow over on nitroexpress.com?  Looks as if the bore is similar, however the new owner will not be shooting small charges of shot in it. I suspect the rifling might spread it as badly as a short barreled blunderbuss.  I'd post pictures of the rifle, but wouldn't want to rob this thread.
 Big guns are fun.
 The picture above shows recoil isn't as bad as most elephant rifles - by the looks of the photobucket video.  I propose they re-shoot the video with a full sized ball, instead of only 1/2 charge of shot.  Still, my shoulder ached when I saw it.

Ohioan

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 02:23:15 AM »
The kick was described as more of a shove. 
He said it trys to shove you into last week.  I don't think 4oz of shot is a small load.  It's a shot glass full.

its a flinter and has the largest lock I've ever seen. 

C. Cash

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »
Wasn't that Elmer Keith's squirrel rig? ;)  :)

Wow! 

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:34:59 AM »
Wasn't that Elmer Keith's squirrel rig? ;)  :)

Wow! 

It's what he carried his harvested squirrels in, I think? ::) ;D

That's quite a piece of work.  I know I wouldn't care to shoot it.