Author Topic: S. T. Taylor  (Read 3527 times)

Joanne

S. T. Taylor
« on: August 27, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
I recently purchased an odd percussion rifle which seems to have morphed into a shotgun.  I would guess it is late 1880s.  The butt indicates rifle, but the barrel seems definitely shotgun.  It seems to have been cut down.  The name on the lock plate reads S. T. Taylor, nice furniture, either steel or german silver...it is half-stock, and it has a partial fluting on the barrel, where the stock ends....not sure how else to describe that detail.  As with the question I just posted for info. on J. Hillegas, I do not remember how, or even if it is possible, to send photos to the forum, but if it is, I have a few I could send.  This gun may have been custom, as I find nothing on S. T. Taylor.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline T*O*F

Re: S. T. Taylor
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
Joanne,
You cannot send photos directly to the site.  You must upload them to one of the storage sites like Photobucket and then link to their URL from within your post.

Go to the Tutorials forum here, where complete instructions are to be found.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Joanne

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »
OK, I think this should work.  There are two images of the Taylor gun, and three of the Kentucky, and they are marked as such.  This is the photobucket link
http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/JCinPA/
I am keeping my fingers crossed as it has been ages since I have used it.
Joanne

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
Here you go;

John Robbins

Buffalochip

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:51 PM »
Can't tell from the pics, but does it have double triggers? Can you upload a picture of the muzzle and top of the breech?