Author Topic: Pa state shoot  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Pa state shoot
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
The state shoot at Ft Mcord St Thomas Pa. Went okay yesterday just ahead of Hurricane Irene.  Rained off and on but little or no wind.  Good turnout around 50 shooters.  Loading tables covered firing line not. 

Some folks bailed around noon yesterday, we stayed til the end Saturday then bailed since we had to head N/S towards the B____!  Hit heavy rain and more rain. Also passed convoys of out of state utility trucks headed East. 

My thoughts are with the shooters that hung in for today.  Looks like rain there and wind all morning .  Makes us appreciate the folks that work so hard to put on these shoots....

xring2245

Re: Pa state shoot
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
Roger, glad to hear that the shoot went OK.

Things on the homefront didn't go so well.  We lost power 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning and did not get it back until 4 p.m. Sunday.  12 hours without power caused a lot of damage for me.  My gun room, library, and office are in my basement.  Without power, the sump pump did not work.  Normally, the basement is dry, but without the pump, I had six inches of water in a hurry.  I lost all the books on the bottom shelves.  I was able to get all the guns upstairs before the water and humidity was able to damage them.  The office took a big hit. I think I may have lost a lot of ammo too. The next few days will be the cleanup and assessment of the damage.

Yesterday was the "day from $#*!," so to speak.  It wasn't very pleasant.

I'm sure there are more horrow stories out there, but since this was a post about a shoot, I may have lost focus.  Just to say, I would rather be out shooting than doing what I need to do.

Hope all is well with everyone.

James