Author Topic: D. Boyer Gunsmith  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Majorjoel

D. Boyer Gunsmith
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:46:20 AM »
 There is a nice original swivel breech rifle for sale on David Condons website. The maker "D. Boyer" is an unknown to me. Anyone have any info on him?
Joel Hall

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Re: D. Boyer Gunsmith
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:23:59 AM »
No info on Boyer but saw the gun and it is spectacular. Condon a friend and near by; stopped in on Saturday on way to Winchester. He is disposing of a collection and has several Kentuckies...some not on his web site. The Kopp is nice and more than fair priced by comparison to others recently for sale.  Interested parties should contact him personally.
Hurricane

Offline smshea

• www.scottshearifles.com
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:58:27 AM »
He worked around Orwigsburg Pa.  There are a few articles in the big brown KRA book on him.   Greg Dixon has a few schimmels built by him displayed in the store and may own a few more ......he would be a good guy to talk to on Boyer. Tim Lubineski has done research on him as well and could add much to any discussion on David Boyer.     

don getz

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 07:30:06 AM »
D. Boyer worked in Berks county, and most of his guns that I have looked at had that rather large, beefy type architecture similar to the area.   The swivel breech guns by him were rather heavy things  .....Don

Offline smshea

• www.scottshearifles.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »
I think there are pictures of one of his rifles in Wisker's Behold the Longrifle again. There is also info on him in Henery Kaufmans book as well.