Author Topic: Help with identifying flask  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Help with identifying flask
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »
Can anyone tell me about this flask.  No markings on it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:39:52 AM by suzkat »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline alyce-james

Re: Help with identifying flask
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:37:06 AM »
I think the flask to be a "HAWKSLEY" fluted style flask. Does the patent charger have two scales ? One drams and one grains on each side. Pictures of the charger from the top, a picture of the side seam may also be helpful. Is the maximum charge less than 110 grains ?? Thanks Jim 
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:25:16 PM »
The charger is only marked in drams.  3 is the largest.  I found another on the internet exactly like it described as Hawksley.  I don't see their name on the top
but there is alot of crust on it.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
Suzkat,
What you have is a Hawksley flask. It is shown as #284 page 283 in Riling's Powder Flask Book. There is another variation shown as #290 on page 284. The difference is that #290 has 4 lanyard rings, otherwise they are the same.
Mark
Mark