General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Mike Miller Custom Tulle

(1/7) > >>

Bushy:
Hi to Post
As promised here is my report on my 54 Custom Tulle that I shot early Tuesday morning.  Mike Miller made me one sweet Tulle Flinter.  The Caywood Lock fired every time for all 57 Shots. Instant ignition.  Used a .530 ball with a .010 patch lubed with my old favorite Crisco.  My standard patch of .015 was too tight.  Set up target at 13 yds.  First virgin shot by my friend who never shot a flinter hit alittle to the right but above the bull.  My first shot was dead centre.  Both shot a group of 5 shots.  We than moved to the 25yd target.  Had 3 bulls and 2 high.  The high were aimed high and hit top of black as expected.  We kept shooting the centre out of the target.  This Tulle is the nicest shooting flinter  of the four that I own.  It is so light and sleek.  Is built PC enough for me.  Has a 42" Rice barrel octagon to round with wedding bands and  fluted.  Has a cherry stock.  Forgot to mention loads the same all 57 shots but I blow down the barrel after each shot.  When the time comes where I don't no if my fun gun or flinter has not gone off, I'll be throwing both into the Niagara River.  Cleaned her when we were done, very little fouling.  Used FFFGoex.  The 7/8ths flint still has lots of life.  No gouges in the frizzen. 
This was a great way to Start off Canada Day.  I dressed French 1750's.  Now need a Milice shirt and some plunder.  I can't thank Mike Miller enough, he sure rose to the occasion.  Sorry for the rant but the gun just shoots so great.  I am one happy camper so to speak.  Won't be afraid to get her dirty since I didn't pay an arm and a leg.  No use taking a cadillac off roading.
My little Tulle may not be a Caddy built by one of the Kings but its the best Tulle I'll ever own.  Thanks again Mike Miller builder extradinaire.  I think that French for Top Dog.

Bushy(Vaya Con Dios Amigos)Stay Well and Shoot Often

Bentflint:
Bushy, pictures?

black kettle:
Bushy;
Say you didn't blow down the barrel. ;D   There be some folks panic over that with
their What If's. Me? I blow down the barrel too.A lot of folks here do, there be some that dont. If you choose to blow down the barrel, I say your choice and sound
wisdom it is. ::)

Arlin

Bushy:
Hey Black Kettle
Did I say I blow down the barrel.  I meant to say that after every shot I always blow down the barrel.  I can shoot all day long.  Safer than blowing off acouple of fingers or worse.  There are flinters who blow down the barrel,  flinters who don't blow down the barrel  and flinters who say they don't blow down the barrel but do.  To each their own.  Works for me .   I will get some pics posted after I get back from Fort Niagara. 

Bushy(Vaya Con Dios Amigos)Stay Well and Shoot Often

lew wetzel:
when do we get to see the pics....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version