Author Topic: "Friendship cheater"  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Kermit

"Friendship cheater"
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:22:40 AM »
There's some interesting photos and discussion going on over at the ASSRA forum (yeah, I go there  8)) that has come 'round to discussing "diopter" sights. There are some photos of European sights that look much like Friendship cheaters, but that have slots that are adjustable for width AND windage. Shown along with the OVAL targets they were to acquire, they make more than a little sense. Seems these sights may not have sprung whole from the Indiana soil. Or maybe it's just that great minds think alike. Here:

http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1316293971/0#12
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

roundball

Re: "Friendship cheater"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:23:54 AM »
Yeah, I'd suspect the roots of those sights were a little deeper over there than in our mid-west.....LOL

I couldn't figure out if they were serving beer on the firing line, or if the firing line was inside the bar
   ;D

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:18:15 PM by roundball »

4ster

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
The best part was the video at the top of that link showing a shooting club in ? (Tyrol?).  I want to be a member of that club!

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
The best part was the video at the top of that link showing a shooting club in ? (Tyrol?).  I want to be a member of that club!

Save your dollar coins for the membership - lots of them.

Offline Kermit

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »
Yep. My local rod-and-gun club ain't cheap either. Think country club membership, maybe?

That video started the whole discussion, and the guy who made and posted it on YouTube got into the thread! For the curious, not muzzleloading, but certainly a classy shooting club:

I'm still amazed by those sights though! Some German or Austrian bring the idea here? I wonder...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:11:34 PM by Kermit »
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

4ster

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »

Save your dollar coins for the membership - lots of them.

Thanks for the compliment on my shooting ability!  (You have definitely NOT seen me shoot.)  At first I thought you were suggesting I would be needing the dollar coins for all the bulls eyes I would be making....  ;D

The last shot of the video is a nearly center hit on a dollar coin sized medallion.   These guys were doing some amazing shooting off hand at LONG distances with aperture sights.