Author Topic: Arabic/Persian Snaphaunce??  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Arabic/Persian Snaphaunce??
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
A friend showed up with two purchases.  This on one appears to be middle eastern but I'll wait for your opinions.  It looks to be original.  Here are a few pics I took:

Any thoughts?
Regards,
Pletch
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:12:55 PM by Pletch »
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
Re: Arabic/Persian Snaphaunce??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:06 AM »
Hi Pletch,
It looks North African to me and in very good shape.  I suspect it may be as late as the 19th century.

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

doug

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:37:34 AM »
    My vote would be North African also.  Those distinctive buttes where made roughly between Algeria and Lybia.   I have two of them, both have miquelet style locks (sear works horizontally through the side plate.

cheers Doug

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Good Morning,
Thank you all for your thoughts on this piece. I have relayed the information to teh owner.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.