Author Topic: Shooting in November  (Read 7106 times)

Vomitus

Shooting in November
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:36:56 PM »
Some shoots from a few weeks ago, some from yesterday.

Early Nov.

Hatched Jack

Crunchy Bucklebee from Oxford

LB's rig

Nov.27 Donner Derby Day

Taylor Shooting, DC looks on

Apres shooting. H.Jack brought food and refreshments. Great day yesterday. Good shooting by all. Taylor and Hatched Jack won,dangit!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:43:01 PM by Leatherbelly »

roundball

Re: Shooting in November
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:03:23 PM »
Some good photos, looks like a good outing...

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
Leatherbelly, What did you guys have for refreshments on "Donner Derby Day", finger food? ::)
            Looks like a great time!!
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Vomitus

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:41:51 PM »
Fully dressed Euro wienies roasted in our wood heater! "Old Style" hop and malties!  yep, :o finger food! ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:44:50 PM by Leatherbelly »

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 01:37:14 AM »
I enjoyed the pics thanks for taking the time to post em ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Harnic

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:56 AM »
Thanks for the pix LB!  Looks like fun!  Not much snow yet either, what a bonus!  All ours washed away in last week's torrential rain!  What the heck is Crispy doing out there in street shoes!  Frost-bit his noggin again already did he?   ;)  Too much fun!  Boy I can hardly wait for April so I can shoot again!!!  :o
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:54:04 AM by Harnic »

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 06:01:03 AM »
tks for the shot's LB - not as much snow as right here in town - that's a switch.  Might get out, but then, some of the seniors are starting pickle ball @ 10:00 Sunday mornings at the Family "Y".

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
tks for the shot's LB - not as much snow as right here in town - that's a switch.  Might get out, but then, some of the seniors are starting pickle ball @ 10:00 Sunday mornings at the Family "Y".
Jeez, what the devil be "Pickle Ball"?? Since it sounds like an indoor sport, does it have anything to do with "pickled balls" ???  Ok, the devil made me ask ::) ;D

Oh yes, and thanks for the shootin photos, always interesting.   Our local walks start this coming Sunday.   Blanket shoots of course.

Harnic

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »
Jeez, what the devil be "Pickle Ball"?? Since it sounds like an indoor sport, does it have anything to do with "pickled balls" ???  Ok, the devil made me ask ::) ;D

Oh yes, and thanks for the shootin photos, always interesting.   Our local walks start this coming Sunday.   Blanket shoots of course.

Thanks for asking him Roger, I wasn't going to bite! ;)

Aren't blankets mandatory this time of year?  :D

Daryl

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »
google is an interesting tool - Pickle Ball is fun! I have NO idea why it's called that.

Harnic

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 02:49:00 AM »
Hey, that does sound like fun Daryl!  Much better than freezing my fingers off soaking them with Hoppe's #9+ out shooting black powder!  Pickle ball for the miserable days, & 45-70 for the nice days!  Should hold me until April when the snow is melting.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:53:00 AM by Harnic »

Daryl

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 03:44:45 AM »
We enjoy it. Monday afternoons is for seniors - I fit right in with that crowd, imagine that.

Harnic

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »
We enjoy it. Monday afternoons is for seniors - I fit right in with that crowd, imagine that.

I know, scarey isn't it?   :o :o :o

Daryl

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 07:06:38 PM »
Think maybe I should go shooting this coming Sunday, though, I've missed 3, I think - see you there, boys.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
Great pics but don't you know; my fingers get numb just looking at them?  Southern boys, thin blood; you know.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Daryl

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »
Doesn't get very cold here any more - no one's had to wear ear protection for years.  Some of us with circulation problems have to wear 1/2 gloves or gloves with fingers bare when it gets cold but some never wear gloves, like Hatchet Jack who's an artist. Barely freezing that day - a nice day to shoot.

Harnic

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 03:42:51 AM »
Great pics but don't you know; my fingers get numb just looking at them?  Southern boys, thin blood; you know.

I'm with you hanshi!  Up here in the frozen north, I only shoot muzzle loaders from April through October.  In winter I stick to my center fire stuff that I can shoot with heavy gloves on!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:02:14 AM by Harnic »

Offline Stormrider51

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
What IS that white stuff on the ground anyway?  It was in the mid-60's here today.  I seem to dimly remember white stuff on the ground here long ago.  Then again a lot of my memories are dim nowadays.

Storm