Author Topic: Russian infantry rifle, model 1845  (Read 19710 times)

Gatling

Re: Russian infantry rifle, model 1845
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »
Here are a few photos.

Festival of the north and south:

Festival "pow wow"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:00:58 PM by Gatling »

Gatling

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »
I am one of those places where the Bashkirs live, I have been in their history. Participate in the festival of Borodino, the largest battle of 1812 near Moscow

Bashkirs in Hamburg:
См. в галерее форума

Warrior Bashkir:
См. в галерее форума

Bashkir attacks:

The Bashkirs were weapons of bows.
The story is very long and interesting, I will say that the French call Bashkir "Northern Cupids"

Russia won the Bashkirs in the 16th century, the Bashkirs and then fought on the Russian side, Bashkirs often raised their rebellion, Bashkir history is similar to the history of North American Indians.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:55:16 PM by Gatling »

Offline Fullstock longrifle

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 11:01:42 PM »
Hmmm, my alarm is starting to go off. 

FK

Gatling

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 11:40:22 PM »
My Bashkir suits, made ​​himself. For Living History in 1812 Sorry for all the costumes do not show a lot of photos

My club, "Ufa Regiment" 1812

Every year since 1980 we go to the Festival of Living History "Borodino 1812" I started with 2008 The festival is held near Moscow, took part in it 3000 and 60 000 spectators. Photos do not reflect the scale of the festival

http://www.squadron.org.ru/index.php/ru/ev...t/details/96---

http://vkontakte.ru/album-5037308_140096723

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:51:49 PM by Gatling »

Gatling

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
Hmmm, my alarm is starting to go off. 

FK

For myself, I said. You can even put a photo, tired look. The theme does not apply. If you want more, photo, no problem)))

Further down the gun

Offline TPH

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
Pardon me for being a bit skeptical.  I have an 1847 Mle de Mutzig French musket.  Every part that has been shown here is an "exact duplicate" of the parts on my musket, right down to the screws.

So, did the Tula Arsenal manufacture exact duplicates of French arms for their use, or did they purchase guns from France.  Something isn't right here.  Perhaps this was a French gun brought home from the Crimean War.

Evolution of the French Military lock.
http://home.comcast.net/~illinewek/faqs/french.htm

T.O.F., you are correct in noticing the similarities but, as Gatling said, the Russians copied the French military firearms very closely in their arsenals of Ishevsk, Sestroyetsk, and Tula as well as at, I believe, Moscow but I may be wrong about the latter.  What he is showing is precisely a Russian made rifled musket of the M1845 pattern.  And Russia was certainly not the only country that adopted the French guns for their own manufacture. The United States of course did, starting with our own Charleville Pattern or M1795 and we continued copying the French patterns almost exactly through our M1840. We also continued copying many French features through the era of the percussion muskets and the Trapdoor Springfield though the influence was less noticeable after the adoption of the US M1855 Rifle Musket, but it was still there.

Others who decided to use weapons styled after or made nearly exactly like the beautifully designed and well constructed French firearms were Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and Italy used some as well as did Siam and Japan. The French domination of the field of artillery design was well known.  As a matter of fact, French military equipment of all types was copied, especially uniforms and accoutrements.  And lastly, French tactics and drill were adopted by everyone in one way or another. In one way or another, France was the inspiration for almost everything military throughout the 19th Century and into the early days of the 20th.

Now, while I have gotten long-winded in my reply here, I might remind our new and valuable friend Gatling that this site is dedicated to the study of the American Longrifle and it's design, construction and replication. AND that we are glad he has come here to ask for assistance in reconstructing his, to us, rare and almost unknown military weapon, even though it is a little outside our usual topic of discussion. I think most of us are enjoying it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:50:12 PM by TPH »
T.P. Hern

Gatling

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 12:10:41 AM »
Thank you for your reply!

This gun, I restore the first time, to find your site, it was very hard, he was met by chance. I've seen here hunting rifles of different countries, many military rifles, remodel for hunting. I am interested in the fate of Russian guns at you, my friend said something like that in America they were, so I created a topic on your forum. I hope to help with the search for these rifles and their photos, as well as interesting to me the price and there is great interest in these guns.

I saw a lot of things for the restoration of shotguns, we have no such expertise, for me it is new and interesting. This gun is not the most interesting of those that I have, basically I've been collecting parts, and only recently started to make a gun.

This theme I created for you. I thought you would be interested in this gun.

Offline TPH

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
Well, I most certainly am, I hope you can continue the presentation about the restoration.
T.P. Hern

Gatling

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »

Waiting for details from the Ukraine, to be continued.

Gatling

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »

to be continued.