Author Topic: what are you working on?  (Read 30236 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: what are you working on?
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:54 AM »
.50 cal (since I already had the barrel) cussin, 38 in. 15/16th straight.  Left her lay last spring then suffered from builder's block this fall.  Finally got at her and she's in final stock shaping now.  The builder's block is tough to get over.....neighbor lady and all ::)

Braggin or complainin Roger??   :o :o  ;D ;D
Little of both seems like ;)

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2012, 02:07:11 AM »
I've been plodding along trying to get a rather neat southern mountain rifle finished.   John and I made a stock pattern,
Mark Weader did the shaping in curly ash.   I remember talking to Brad Emig at Dixon's....he had a finished, carved gun
done in curly ash.   He said, never again.  Now I know why.  I am doing this gun in a real light swamped barrel, 43" long,
36 cal., one of Jim's Late Ketland lock, Davis double set triggers.   It has taken far too long to get it done.  I have to get
the barrel and some of the other parts browned/blackened, then put it all back together.   And, guess what, it's a freevie
for a Friends of the NRA banquet coming up in march.   Number 92 for me.   For Fred Lehto, you said you were 80, that's
great, but I know what you mean about slowing up, will be 79 in May.   It's great to get here but the hill is getting steeper ...........Don

Offline Hudnut

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2012, 02:11:34 AM »
Too darn many projects on the go.  Started a 17th century English doglock pistol ages ago, just ordered a RS doglock parts kit for it.  Pistol is about ready for the lock, once the lock is ready, it won't take long to finish it off.

Only Round

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »
  Putting the finishing touches on a cherry half- stock Ohio rifle,  have a nice 7/8" .45 cal barrel inlet for a Dickert, waiting for a left hand Manton so I can get started on a 16 Ga double flint shotgun and then I'm supposed to start on a left hand trade gun.

Dave Waters

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2012, 02:15:12 AM »
I'm trying to finish up another Flint, swivel breech rifle. Claro walnut butt stock, German silver side panels and brass center rib. Otherwise brass mounted. The barrels are .45/.45, 13/16 x 36" swamped, octagon to round w/wedding bands. (thanks to Liston Rice)

Not following any particular school. I just always wanted to build one with GS side panels. It's almost done. Now I'm trying to get up enough nerve to do some engraving on it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:58:43 PM by Dave Waters »