Author Topic: Sorry, Guys, and a question for Capt.  (Read 9959 times)

Offline Captchee

Re: Sorry, Guys, and a question for Capt.
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 05:14:55 AM »
ALR .mission statement:
The mission of AmericanLongrifles.com is to promote and support the art and craft of building historically accurate long rifles, related firearms, and accoutrements of the highest quality and artistic merit. 

related firearms,

but let me be frank and blunt  with you since i have not done that for 5 years or so .
 of  the highest quality and artistic merit

now let me ask the rest  of you here  who are reading this  but not  replying .
where is the likes of Jerry Huddleston who once frequented this forum  and many you learned a whole $#*! of alot from ?
 how many of you started out  with something just like or of the same quality Hanshi has ?
 you  evolved . give him a chance and he just may do the same  and in a few years be  producing  a long rifle   of  the highest quality and artistic merit

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Sorry, Guys, and a question for Capt.
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »
Gentlemen,
Moderators will do the moderating.  We try to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves, but obviously fall far short of that standard.

If you have concerns about the direction of the ALR please share them with the moderators.  Please post primarily about longrifles, not about the forum or other users.  A critical and argumentative tone about the content of the forum is unproductive and helps nobody. The forum is not going to be a perfect fit for anyone, but most agree it is a great resource.  We cannot customize it for you, or you, or you, whether you are a master for the ages or a newbie without much knowledge about longrifles, but a burning interest in the craft.  The forum can be better, but it is up to you.  If members offer positive, informative posts, and ignore and don't respond to topics that annoy them or are of little interest, we'll be better.
Andover, Vermont